PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All discussion of PH's closing *mega thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe Twinklespark View Post
Am I grasping at straws again? lol
I typed in that URL and it redirected me to the Disney website.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Is a Pixie
View Phoebe Twinklespark's Photo Album
Phoebe Twinklespark's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Creative
Phoebe Twinklespark has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter8pony View Post
I typed in that URL and it redirected me to the Disney website.
Same. :/ But still, why would a URL that says PixieHollowComingSoon exist? I looked it up and it's only been available since September 21st...
Old 09-25-2013, 09:59 PM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I just typed that URL online. On a website, someone asked a question about Pixie Hollow in 2008. Here's the answer;

Quote:
Disney is launching this virtual world of pixies and fairies centered around tinkerbell.
It hasn't been launched yet but you can already create your own fairy at

http://disney.go.com/fairies/pixieho...omingSoon.html
So...the URL may be old. But then again, why would it be showing up when you search Pixie Hollow and (like Phoebe said) only be available since September 21st? I am going to be keeping an eye on this...
Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Is a Pixie
View Serendipity's Photo Album
Serendipity's Fairy
Serendipity has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Oh, and I saved the html code for the pixie hollow original website, in case you guys want to use it. If you click on anything it'll redirect you to that dumb new website, but you can still see the loading thing with the fairies and stuff. If you copy and paste the code into an html previewer (such as this) then you can see it. If worst comes to worst and they never reopen Pixie Hollow, at least we'll have the memories. Terribly sorry, but I'm kind of new to the forums and I have yet to figure out the attachment thing, so here's a google drive link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 09-25-2013, 11:10 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
Oh, and I saved the html code for the pixie hollow original website, in case you guys want to use it. If you click on anything it'll redirect you to that dumb new website, but you can still see the loading thing with the fairies and stuff. If you copy and paste the code into an html previewer (such as this) then you can see it. If worst comes to worst and they never reopen Pixie Hollow, at least we'll have the memories. Terribly sorry, but I'm kind of new to the forums and I have yet to figure out the attachment thing, so here's a google drive link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
XDDDD were do I type it in...? :/
Old 09-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Is a Pixie
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Quote:
Oh my gosh that's so cool! Can we do that with Pixie Pages? I still have mine open in an old window... :/
Old 09-25-2013, 11:41 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
LOL .-. thanks dude :P, (really need help Idk how to use "these type of things")
Old 09-26-2013, 01:08 AM
Is a Pixie
View Liri_Driftwillow's Photo Album
Liri_Driftwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Terrific Spotter Award New Game Adventurer Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Pixieish
Liri_Driftwillow is a Fast FlyerLiri_Driftwillow is a Fast FlyerLiri_Driftwillow is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LightflowerPH View Post
Hmmm...Maybe... I emailed Jessie Schell, he said:
"Conversations about the future of PH continue... hopefully there will be info to share soon, but we'll all have to be very patient. "
He might share info! And why did he say "We'll all have to be very patient"? Maybe its another clue?

I went on his website and found this:
"Pixie Hollow Online
Schell Games designed and developed this flash-based MMO based on Disney’s Tinker Bell brand. Development took place over 2 years in a partnership with SilverTree Media. Pixie Hollow Online was awarded the Parents’ Choice Silver Award in 2009. Schell Games has continued to work with Disney to provide content updates to this popular MMO."

So I went on SilverTree Media website and found this:
"Create A Fairy's main audience is girls 8-12,
The original Create A Fairy, now the gateway to Pixie Hollow. Over 25 Million unique, customizable fairies have been created!"
Why did they close PH if it had so many players...?

-thinks- This is getting stranger and stranger! What do you all think?
WOW thank you!! I had been wondering how many fairies there were. However, 25 million fairies doesn't mean 25 million players (since each player could make up to 3 fairies). And how many of those bought diamonds or had a pay account? I still wonder that. Please keep us updated.Thank you!!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 09-26-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: minor change to quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:21 AM
Is a Pixie
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Quote:
LOL .-. thanks dude :P, (really need help Idk how to use "these type of things")
Lol, I'll help you.

On the Google Docs link she sent, copy EVERYTHING on the all the pages. Then go to the HTML editor link she sent (the first link she posted) and paste everything you copied from the Google Docs page into the HTML editor box... soo... you'd paste it here:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled3.jpg (117.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-26-2013, 01:59 AM
Busy as a bee!
View Bumblestripe's Photo Album
Bumblestripe's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Arcade Spooktacular Participant's Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: BusyBee
Bumblestripe met the QueenBumblestripe met the QueenBumblestripe met the QueenBumblestripe met the QueenBumblestripe met the Queen
Animal Talent
Quote:
So I went on SilverTree Media website and found this:
"Create A Fairy's main audience is girls 8-12,
The original Create A Fairy, now the gateway to Pixie Hollow. Over 25 Million unique, customizable fairies have been created!"
Why did they close PH if it had so many players...?

-thinks- This is getting stranger and stranger! What do you all think?
Well, here's something to consider.
Of those 25 million+ accounts, how many were paying members? Assuming that the majority were not, that is a lot of server space taken up which equals more money down the drain. However, I do not believe that money is
the reason why they closed.
Of those 25 million+ accounts, how many were actually still in use? I'm assuming that the majority were inactive and that data just meant over 25 million accounts have been created total. Maybe the margins were steadily decreasing on PH and the others and so they decided to shut the doors?
Club Penguin is an international site, that may be part of the reason why they have switched gears. The margins may be steadily rising on CP and the other sites were decreasing. Maybe CP has a better paying member : none paying member ratio.

None us know why Disney closed the sites. We probably never will. "Maybe this, maybe that. What if this, what if that." Unfortunately, we will never know why they closed the Hollow unless they tell us.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:39 AM
Is a Pixie
View Liri_Driftwillow's Photo Album
Liri_Driftwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Terrific Spotter Award New Game Adventurer Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Pixieish
Liri_Driftwillow is a Fast FlyerLiri_Driftwillow is a Fast FlyerLiri_Driftwillow is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Oh my gosh that's so cool! Can we do that with Pixie Pages? I still have mine open in an old window... :/
It doesn't appear to let me load my Pixie house pages but the main page lets me load it and even download ALOT of files from the 'Printables' section. I find it interesting that the files are still online at the old server, just not easily accessible. But I'm downloading everything while I still can and before stuff gets deleted!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Is a Pixie
View Serendipity's Photo Album
Serendipity's Fairy
Serendipity has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Quote:
If you're on Chrome, you just go to tools and then view source. It should give you the code. If you're on a different browser just find a thing that says view source.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:01 AM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Great Googly Moogly!
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

(Quite from Maggie and the Ferocious Beast)
Old 09-26-2013, 04:32 AM
Is a Pixie
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Quote:
If you're on Chrome, you just go to tools and then view source. It should give you the code. If you're on a different browser just find a thing that says view source.
Hmm...I did it and when I pasted it into the HTML editor it just redirected me to that stupid new Disney Fairies page -_- Weird that it only works with the Pixie Hollow homepage...why would they turn off the servers using our pixie pages but not the homepage?
Old 09-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
That's pretty cool how we can still access the loading screen and PH Central. I assume that the Pixie Pages don't work because the Disney staff have disconnected the database servers so they are no longer available to the public. I wonder if they're planning on completely deleting all the collected information at some point.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki