PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive Forum for old news.

Old Sign the petition, save Pixie Hollow!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Save Pixie Hollow!
View FairyJulie's Photo Album
FairyJulie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Sad
FairyJulie is a talented Fairy
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Heart Sign the petition, save Pixie Hollow!

There is a petition online. Please sign it and help us save the hollow! If we get enough names, maybe Disney will listen... Follow the link:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/257/5...isney-mmorpgs/
Old 08-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Its amazing how in just a short period of time, 216 people have signed it, and 340 have reposted it on Facebook. I'm keeping my eye on this in the hopes that we can get a movement going.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I signed it! A lot of people have, and I think at this rate, we'll get to 1,000 in no time.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:55 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
I wonder how many signatures we could get? Maybe we should consider sending paper letters too, like Stormy said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
We should find out their physical address or P.O. Box and mail actual paper letters to them. I have heard that online petitions carry far less weight.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Save Pixie Hollow!
FairyJulie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thats a great idea Neverbelle! We need to do everything we can to save the hollow!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:19 PM
The Quenchiest
View CactusJuicy's Photo Album
CactusJuicy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Asleep
CactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the Queen
Physical letters sound like a good idea. I thought they used to have an address where you could send art or contest entries but I can't find it now. But since Toontown and POTCO are closing too it might be more effective to write to Disney Interactive. They run both Pixie Hollow and Club Penguin (and all the Disney websites) and is likely where the decision to close these games came from, rather than the staff at PH who might not be able to do anything about it. I managed to find an address for them:

Disney Interactive
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

And an email if you want: [email protected]

Or you could even call and complain at their phone number: (425) 951-7100

I think writing to them or calling would make a bigger impact on them, where they might be able to just ignore a list of names, perhaps realizing how much we care and are upset (and at least in my case infinitely more unlikely to play Club Penguin than I was before) would help to change their minds.

EDIT: Also if anyone has accounts on the Toontown or POTCO forums, maybe you could share this information there. If we all come together we might have a bigger chance of saving our favorite games.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Here we are again
View The Rosey Trio's Photo Album
The Rosey Trio's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Torn
The Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the Queen
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
I WOULD sign it, but it asked for A LOT of personal info and stuff. So, yep... Anyways, I hope Disney sees this! I am certainly
Quote:
out in the cold, suddenly unsure of what to accomplish in their Toons'/Pirates'/Fairies' last month
Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
crabby old lady fairy!
View Grace Moonglow's Photo Album
Grace Moonglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 77

My Mood: Dancing
Grace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
You can always use a fake address on the petition - I did!

Altho' I am not sure the petition would actually change their minds.
I hear rumor that it's actually a programming issue wih Flash Player.
My understanding it that Flash Player has a bug that is slowly eating up all the code.
They would have to re-wrtie the entire program in HTML5, but I guess they figured it was not financially prudent to do so.

Very sad day indeed!
xoxx Grace
Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Save Pixie Hollow!
FairyJulie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rosey Trio View Post
I WOULD sign it, but it asked for A LOT of personal info and stuff. So, yep... Anyways, I hope Disney sees this! I am certainly
I don't think you have to use your real name and address, lots of people have used their fairy names instead. You can also choose to be anonymous by clicking the "don't display my name" box.

You might be right Grace, but we still need to try! As long as we keep trying, there is always hope. <3

Also, when you sign the list guys, remember to add a personal comment. For example, write a few words about what Pixie Hollow means to you! It will have a bigger impact.

Last edited by Jezzi; 08-21-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 08-21-2013, 07:45 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
You don't have to post your real name or address, but you do have to have a valid postal code. (I used my old postal code, from before I moved. )
Old 08-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Oh gosh, you guys, I'm getting nervous. I just read something that said that a Disney Interactive executive worker said they would consider keeping some of the websites open if the petitions happen to reach 5,000 signatures. The person that started the petition that you posted the link to above has already put up the 5,000 goal.
Gosh, you guys... do you really think we can make it? I'm so worried we won't!
EDIT: Did the math. Lets say 150 people sign the petition per day, over the course of the next thirty days. By September 19th, we'd have 4,500 signatures--500 signatures short! Someone give me some good news so I can stop thinking about the negatives, please!!
EDIT: By the second star!! Five hours later, and we're up to 431 signers! If this rate keeps going... we might make it to 5,000!

Last edited by popcorn1234; 08-21-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Save Pixie Hollow!
FairyJulie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Is it just me or was this thread moved to the news archive?? Why?

Last edited by FairyJulie; 08-21-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

It was moved to "News Articles". Its actually on the front page of the Forums! Thanks, Mods! This needs to get as much publicity as it possibly can!!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Save Pixie Hollow!
FairyJulie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post
It was moved to "News Articles". Its actually on the front page of the Forums! Thanks, Mods! This needs to get as much publicity as it possibly can!!
Oh is it a good thing?? I thought more people would see it if it was in the general discussion forum? But I'm new here so I don't have a clue
Old 08-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
View Lila Starshine's Photo Album
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Magical
Lila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
It's a good thing, the thread is displayed whenever someone logs in, the whole first post