View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
The 100 Dresses Review

Oops, I read the whole thing.

Review:
"The 100 Dresses" is about Maddie, her best friend Peggy, and how they treat the foreign girl Wanda. Wanda always wears the same dress to school but says she has 100 dresses in her closet, so there is a mystery there. The book is 7 chapters long and the edition I read had about 80 pages and lots of illustrations, but not on every page. It was easy reading.

The setting was a small town in the USA. Some of the words and phrases were not current. Like saying "good marks" for "good grades" and "to have fun with her" for "to make fun of her."

The author did a good job on showing the personalities of Maddie, Peggy, Wanda and the teacher.

It was emotional, and Maddie had a difficult dilemma.

I liked it! On the rainbow scale with seven colors from Red to Violet, I give it an "Indigo!"

I think this story might be good for girls from ages 7 to 11. Or older. Boys might not be as interested in the fashions and the girls socializing.

I have more to say but it totally gives away the ending.

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)

Last edited by StormyLightningberry; 08-30-2012 at 05:05 AM. Reason: I added my guess at target audience. And Roy G. Biv