View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Vivien
That night, I lay in bed and listened to the sound of raindrops drumming against our roof. It sounded like quite a rainstorm out there. Typical England.
I sighed. No doubt tomorrow was going to be gray and foggy, gloomy and downcast. At least it would match my mood.
I heard the soft sound of footsteps down the hall, and knew it was Cassia. Our father always made more noise than that, but Cassia was good at being quiet when she had to be.
Sighing to myself, I wondered if I should apologize. I didn't want to keep snapping at her. But since Mom left, Cass hasn't turned to me for comfort. She should, but if I'm being honest with myself, it's been a long time since we've acted like sisters.
Today's little skirmish was my doing. I remembered just two days ago, we'd gotten into a heated argument about Cassia forgetting to let in our cat, who'd been scratching at the door for twenty minutes while Cass had her music blasting. It was irritating of her to be so careless, yes, but it hadn't been enough reason for the kind of angry I got.
And I supposed it was the lingering resentment from that fight that fueled my irritation today in the coffee shop.
Mom was always good at getting us to get along. But Dad never seemed to know what to do when we fought.
I sighed as I turned over, getting back to sleep.

Cassia
The next morning, I woke up bright and early. I've always been a morning person, while Viv was extra-grouchy at this hour.
While we were all sitting down to breakfast, the phone rang. My dad went to pick it up. After a couple minutes, he frowned and handed it over to me. "Cass, it's for you."
I rolled my eyes, knowing it was Natalie. Nobody else called this early in the morning.
"Hey Nat," I said casually into the phone.
"Is this Cassia Willows?" An unfamiliar male voice came out of the phone. Definitely not Nat.
"Um, yes. Who is this?" I asked.
"This is Officer Calvins. Cassia, when was the last time you saw Azure Evyntine?"
I frowned in confusion, waiting as he explained. By the end I nearly dropped the phone in my shock. "Azure ran away? And Chantilly?"
I didn't know Chantilly well, she was more like the friend of a friend. But I remembered her as intelligent and a bit withdrawn, even shy. She didn't seem like the type to run away from home though. And Az...
"It would seem like it. Both girls took with them enough of their belongings that it was clear they weren't planning for a short trip. And the fact that they left in the middle of the night..."
Run away? I couldn't imagine it of the Azure I knew. How... How could this has happened?
I wondered, for the first time, just how well I knew Az.

(This okay, guys? I know I skipped a bit ahead, but there wasn't much my characters had to do for "last night". And here is a picture of Vivien.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vivien.jpg (27.7 KB, 9 views)