View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 07:48 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Eldoris

I lay upon a rock that overlooks the majestic kingdom of Atlantica. The currents carried the sound of music and laughing merchildren over to where I reside. For as long as I could remember, I always watched from the sides. Never engaging, never playing, always hiding. I learned at an early age what the merfolk think of my kind when I approached a young mermaid in the hopes of making a friend. She, being an ignorant child, smiled when she saw me, her eyes bright and curious. That all disappeared when her mother noticed who her child was interacting with and quickly whisked her away. I could just barely hear the mother saying "never go near that creature" as they swam off. Oh, how painful and confusing that was for a child like me. What was wrong with me? Why did she have to leave? Did I do something wrong? All those questions and more plagued my mind for several years as I grew up as an outcast. Soon that hurt turned to anger. I'd lay awake at night having to listen to the sounds of their music-filled parties they would have way too often. It was unbearable. I eventually found a way to have a little fun with them, though. Around that time I began to discover that I was more than just a normal cecaelia. I had the power to transform my body into other mer-like forms! For a while, I could only change the bottom half of me but that was good enough. I could get closer to some of the merfolk now and play harmless (well… mostly harmless) pranks on them. As long as they didn't see my face, I was safe. I also found that I could swim faster with different tails which motivated me to start exploring beyond the outskirts of Atlantica. I'd meet other fish that were less scared of me and, even better, I'd find unique trinkets and treasures that I would take back to home to create and tinker with. My home was an underground cave I discovered as a child while playing around in the coral shallows outside of Atlantica. It was far enough away from all the hustle and bustle of the merfolk but still close enough for me to find some decent spots to observe their activities (or secretly engage in a few of them). I soon learned to enjoy the life I'd created. As I entered my teen years, all that hurt and anger began to mellow out a bit. Now, I play pranks just for fun, not so much for revenge or payback. I still explore, venturing out a little farther and farther every day. I've started to make my own accessories with some of the items I bring back from my travels too. But most importantly, I've continued to work on growing as a shapeshifter. Now, at sixteen years old, I finally have a convincing mermaid and merman form. I've yet to try them out on any unsuspecting merfolk, though.

"Hey, hand me that seaweed bunch over there!" The sound of a mermaid's voice pierced through my thoughts. I focused my attention on the scene happening below. 'This should be good.'
"Here ya go!" A merman said, swimming over with the seaweed.
'This seems like a good opportunity to try out my new self.' I thought with a small smirk. I vanished behind the rock I had once been laying on and, in the blink of an eye, came out from below looking like I had been a mermaid all my life. My brunette locks were floating out behind me as I swam towards the pair of merpeople, who were using the seaweed to decorate the space around them. "Hey, do you two need any help?" I asked with an innocent smile. The pair turned to face me, looking caught off guard by my arrival. "Oh, um, I don't know…" The merman trailed off. "Who are you?" The mermaid asked. "My name's Maris. I was just out for a little swim and saw you decorating and thought I'd try to help out. I understand if you'd rather do this yourselves tho-" "No, it's alright." The merman interjected, "You just surprised us, that's all." "We probably could use the help." The mermaid said, "I'm Laken, by the way." "And I'm Cal." I shook their hands, "It's nice to meet you both. I'm glad I can be of assistance."
Laken chuckled, "We're glad too. It looked like it was going to take forever to decorate for the royal family's going away party."
'Going away party?' I repeated in my head
"Yeah, it's not every year they go to Estoriana for some mysterious get-together." Cal added
"Right," I said, feeling very confused, "What is this 'get-together' again?"
"I heard someone mention that it's some kind of ball." Laken explained, "I don't know what for."
"Does anyone know?"
"Not normal merfolk like us." Cal said
"Yeah, they'd rather throw concerts and parties rather than focus on 'little merpeople'." Laken said
I chuckled, "You're right about that."

At this point, pranking Laken and Cal was the furthest thing from my mind. I had to find out more about this ball and whatever (or wherever) this "Estoriana" is.

'But how am I doing to do that?'

"Hey, Maris!" Laken's voice once again took me out of my head.
"Huh, what is it?" I said, worried I missed something important
"You okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just… just thinking about something. What happened?"
"Oh, I just asked if you were going to be at the going-away party." Laken said.
I thought about it for a few moments before I was struck with an idea. An idea that would surely get me close to the royal family and this ball. "You know… I think I will be." I answered with a smile that, for the first time, was genuine.

Author's Note: Let me know if there's anything I need to fix.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 04-09-2020 at 07:07 AM.