View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Scene 7

The next day Tinker Bell was feeling much more hopeful, perhaps it was because she was going to learn how Mainland Fairies tinkered. Since they weren't born to a predestined talent, Mainland Fairies depended solely on their wits and not magical tools. And instead of pixie dust, they had fairy dust: a sparkling cinnamon-based powder that Queen Mab had created long, long ago. It wasn't as powerful as pixie dust, but it did its job – and Mainland Fairies didn't need it to fly...

“You mean you can fly without any kind of magic dust!?” Tinker Bell asked Locket.

“Nope, we're born with strong wings. We use fairy dust to aid us in our work among the humans.”

“Amazing...it's like everything I ever thought I knew about my own folk is completely wrong!” Tink flapped her wings, wishing she could fly without the Pixie Dust Tree's golden powder.

“No it's not,” Locket assured her. “It just proves that Never Fairies and Mainland Fairies are different – but similar. And there's nothing wrong with that.

“Anyway, a friend of mine will be joining today's class. There he is!”

A sparrow man with brown, bouncy hair casually flew in. “Hey, Locket.”

“Hey, Ringles, this is Tinker Bell.”

Ringles nodded Tink's way. “Nice to meet you. So you're a Never Fairy, huh? We don't get many of your folk here at Faerie Academy.”

Somewhere in Tink's head the thought came: “There might be a reason for that...” though she didn't know what that reason was. Yet.

Professor Boltz now entered the hall, he adjusted his glasses and peered solemnly out at all the empty seats. Tinkering just wasn't as popular of a Mainland Fairy talent as it used to be, when humans were still experimenting and finding new ways to get things done.

Well...that wasn't all true. Humans still fiddled with new inventions, but these were noisy, smelly 'monsters' – like the automobile and aeroplane. In the olden days, when fairies helped humans with their tinkering in the usual secret manner, the humans were left in wonder and awe. The belief of a child was strong, which is why a child merely has to clap to save a fairy from winking out. But when a grown-up believes in the unseen, it's more profound and sets off a positive wave that washes over all fairies in all corners of the world: not only saving fairies from winking out, but also helping new fairies come to life – it's happened countless times, when a baby suddenly laughs for the first time for no reason; or, at least it appears that way. But no, the baby gets tickled by that positive wave of belief and, well, laughs.

To Be Continued....

Yikes, I haven't updated this since April!? Well, stuff happens, it can't be helped. I'm trying to work on my stories and books more zealously, so hopefully there won't be such large gaps between updates...