View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:56 PM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Wish View Post
And Misty, I like Lillie's new appearance! She looks tough, and the green is more Tink-ish.
Thanks! I changed her face a bit as well. I thought the way she looked before made her look older than 14 and I didn't want that.

Marina

I sleep the entire car ride from the airport to Miss Powell’s home. I was able to sleep for a few hours in the airplane, but I still feel exhausted. When we arrive at her house, she nudges me gently.
“We’re here, Marina.”
Yawning, I hop out of the car and begin to take my luggage out of the trunk.
''CLOOOOSE THE LIIIIIIGHHHHHHT!'' I hear a girl shout, laughing hysterically. Quickly turning around, I see at the houses across the street two people are sitting on their window sills pointing lanterns at each other.
''I'M TOO LAZY!'' The boy shouts back. They are both laughing, staring at me. I stare back at them in shock; I’m sure my facial expression is priceless.
''HEEEEY THEREE!'' The girl hollers, waving to me. I raise an eyebrow and turn to Miss Powell.
“And I thought us Americans were considered obnoxious.” I joke.
''Kids! Some want to sleep! Keep it down!'' She shouts angrily. Their laughing stops abruptly. When we enter the house and close the door behind us, we hear the two teenagers burst into laughter again. Miss Powell rolls her eyes. “They don’t do this every night.” She sighs. “I’m so sorry.”
“Oh it’s fine. I had a few neighbors that were sometimes super loud back in California.” I reply. “It’s nothing I can’t get used to.”
Miss Powell leads me upstairs, down a hallway, and to my bedroom. “I’m sorry it’s so plain.” She says, opening the door.
“No, I like it.” I smile, looking around the room. “It’s simple, yet pretty.” The walls are painted a light, sky blue and white furniture is throughout the room. The bed is decorated with frilly white pillows and it has a sky blue comforter with tiny white daisies on it.
“I’m glad you like it. Now you should get some rest, especially if you plan on going to school today.” She replies. Even though I am exhausted, I don’t want to miss a day of school.
“Alright, thanks.” I say. As she exits the room, I sprawl on to the bed and almost immediately fall into a deep sleep.
---------
I only slept for a couple hours before Miss Powell woke me up and told me it was time to go to school. After hurriedly getting ready and eating breakfast, I was out the door and headed to the school.
I’ll admit I feel a little anxious about going.
When I arrive, I hurry into the classroom and sit down at a desk in the middle of the room. Looking around, I notice my “loud neighbors” are there, the girl looks worried about something.
I wonder what’s wrong. I think, pulling my books out of my bag.

Lillie

(Lillie is going to start being unlikeable at times. I’m sorry Hazel! )

"Um..." Dove stutters after an awkward moment of silence. "So... Do you like the house?"
"It's lovely," Ivory replies coolly. “Thank you very much for allowing us to stay here."
"Um... you're welcome?"
"Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to use the loo."
"Well, do you need me to... show you the way?" Dove asks Ivory.
"No, I'm sure I'll be fine." Ivory replies. "I - we're really looking forward to living here. Can't do that without knowing where to do our own 'business', right?" Ivory cringes at her own words. "Oh wow, I think that was the most AWKWARD thing I've ever said in my life."
"Well, you have a point." I say, grinning.
"I guess I'll add Queen of Awkward to my old Ice Queen title," Ivory smiles, then she mouths something to me. ‘Hiding place for Astrid.’ I smile and nod ever so slightly. She leaves the room and goes upstairs.
“Do you like the house?” Dove asks me. I don’t answer right away. I decided while we were in the car that I was going to act as unlikable as possible, so maybe they would not like me and be forced to return me. Unfortunately, It wasn’t working with Miss Grace, but it was working wonders with Dove. She already despises me, but that isn’t hard for me to deal with since I genuinely don’t like her. She irritates me.
I take a moment and survey the room, my nose scrunched up ever so slightly. Then, I stroll over to a mirror on the wall.
“It’s alright, I guess.” I sniff. I make sure my hair is perfectly in the high bun I always have it, then turn back to Dove. “I was expecting a bit more.” Dove looks taken aback. I turn back to the mirror, smirking.
“So, if your aunt decides to adopt me, we’ll be seeing each other every single day.” I continue, trying to convince her that this is NOT what she wants... that shouldn’t be hard. I turn to look at Dove over my shoulder. “Won’t that be exciting?”
(Again, I am SO sorry Hazel!!! I feel so bad making Lillie be so rude to Dove!)

Last edited by Misty_12; 11-06-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added Lillie