View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 05:48 PM
A happy Senior Fairy
View Lavender Fernclove's Photo Album
Lavender Fernclove's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Summer 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Divine Costume Designer Award Halloween '09 Award Fantastic Fairy Finder Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Annoyed
Lavender Fernclove is a talented FairyLavender Fernclove is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent
Lightbulb Fireworks High Score solution

(Well, mods, you may choose to move this. I've searched and can't find this thread anywhere else, tho.)

Fairies! If you're struggling with the (seemingly) very fast clock in Fairy Fireworks and still haven't gotten that High Score Badge, I'm here to offer the solution.

It's chaining.

You can pick up the same color dot of light in your basket, whether you actually USE all of them or not. That's chaining and it adds SIGNIFICANTLY to your score. Pending mod approval, here's a photo I uploaded last night of a Level 1 score I racked up by chaining.

You can see, I chained 19. Here's how to do it. When the game starts you get the same 3 images: sunflower, daisy with stem and fish. Quickly fill in the yellow, green and blue colors ONLY. You'll notice a lot of red dots. Start chaining (collecting) those red dots. DO NOT fill in the red portions of the patterns, just keep chaining. Run your chain until about 5 seconds before the end of your clock then quickly (click-click-click) fill in the 3 patterns with the red.

The clock runs out and you've got a MUCH larger score than if you had filled in all the patterns just willy-nilly as the colors appeared.

I can get a high score number every game now, by chaining, and usually in no more than 10 levels.

In level 2 you have to go ahead and fill in one pattern completely so it flips over then repeat the chaining step on the three patterns on your screen. In later levels, make sure you quickly get all the patterns filled except the very last one and then fill in all but one color and start chaining.

This doesn't work quite so well in some levels, and then again it works VERY well in some other levels. Still.....if you are closing out a level with 20 or 25 seconds left on the clock, you missed a chance to chain!

Hope this helps!

There can NEVER be enough cake, Maple Syrup or Pink Roses

Last edited by Lavender Fernclove; 08-03-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typos!