View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 05:10 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Wow, awesome posts everyone!! I love where we're going with this! Everyone's characters are great too.
Hey guys, I was thinking - our parallel world should have a name! Anyone have a suggestion?

I shivered and pulled my fur trimmed cloak closer around my body. In other villages, no doubt there was still grass growing, birds chirping, and warm sunshine to enjoy. But here in the far northern city of Dalvinia, winter lasted over a good half of the year, well into what was supposed to be springtime.
My boots crunched into the hard snow lining the cobblestone path towards the marketplace. Sighing, I brush newly fallen snow that had already started lining my straw shopping basket.
Mom had sent me out here for a loaf of bread and some eggs. Well, she'd wanted to send my brother Levin, but he as usual wiggled out of the chore. Well, all I can say is - he's doing the dishes tonight.
Just as I'm approaching the busy market square, a big, wet mound of snow slammed into the back of my neck, dripping down the back of my cloak. I stood there frozen for a moment, shocked.
"Oops! Sorry Stacia!" I heard my friend Felicia call out.
I spun around to see her lobbing a snowball right at Alanna, another friend. Several more girls I knew from school were hidden in nearby snow-covered bushes, giggling and covered with the dripping wet snow.
I started to grin. "Oh, you are going to regret that, Felicia!" Leaning over, I began forming a snowball of my own. My friends shrieked with laughter and farted out of the way.
I had a little time before Mom expected me back, I reasoned. I put down my shopping basket and set it somewhere safe so I could come back for it, carefully tucking the money Mom had given me into the inner fold of my cloak.
I may not always enjoying living in a place as cold as Dalvinia, but you know what they say - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
Laughing, I lobbed my snowball straight at Felicia. She ducked out of the way, and it splattered against a nearby tree. I got hit a couple more times, and managed to make a few hits of my own, including one on Alanna.
"Oh you are going to get it, Stacia Waybern," she warned, grinning.
I quickly ducked in the midst of a clump of bushes. C'mon, stay unseen, she can't get me if she can't see me, I thought to myself, grinning.
A moment later, Alanna's snowball landed several feet from me. Laughing, I stood up. "Here I am! You missed by a mile!"
Alanna glanced around in confusion, her brow furrowed. "Stacia? Where are you?"
"What are you talking about? I'm right here," I said, stepping out of the bushes into her line of sight. But still Alanna looked puzzled, and the other kids did too. It was as if they couldn't see me, though I was right there in front of them.
I stepped forward, laying a hand on Alanna's arm. She looked down at it... And screamed.
"It's - there's - something touching me!" She cried out.
"But... There's nothing there!" Felicia gasped.
The other kids looked at each other. "Let's get out of here," one of them said, and everyone nodded.
"You guys, it's just me - I'm right here!" I yelled. Looking even more frightened then before, all of the kids hightailed it out of there.
I spun around to follow them, and as I did, my eyes landed on some large icicles hanging off a nearby tree branch. Usually I could see a distorted version of my own reflection in there, but today I saw... Nothing.
That's when I started screaming.
I wasn't sure how long I stood there. Eventually my voice grew hoarse and I stopped shrieking, and soon afterwards my reflection appeared back in the ice. Still I stood there, frozen in place, just staring.
Until I heard a voice from behind me. A cold, cruel voice.
"Hello, Gifted child."

(I don't care if you make the day Stacia gets rescued be the day of the Gifteds meeting at the Clann, or the day after that. Whichever you guys think is better. )

Thank you Stormy and Alyce!