View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygreenswamp View Post
What is the thing to edit?
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean, Daisy. Could you be more specific? If you are asking about the program that I use, GIMP is a free image editor program that can be downloaded from the internet. (There is an official site with a safe download link available)

I have had several people ask me for help with creating a 3D fairy, so I thought sharing a video would be beneficial for everyone.
The video is divided into two parts, and shows several different techniques that I use when creating a 3D fairy. Not everything is mentioned, just the first steps to get you started on editing the clothes. What I have done for the top, I would expect you to do the same for the other clothing pieces.
I suspect that another video may have to be made on how to change the skin tone, eye color, creating the hair style and altering the pose. That is all in good time; plus you may even figure it out how to do it yourself by the time I get to it!

I'm sorry if the mouse is moving too quickly, but the video still came out to be under 20 minutes long, so imagine how long it would take to explain every little step! If you have any specific questions about any part of the video, I can explain it to you in words.

Also, this video is by no means perfect, it was created in order to give a visual example of what you must do. There are several other people here who know how to create a 3D fairy, and I am sure that every one of us would have developed our own techniques. If you would like to share your own tips, please do!! I myself would be more than happy to learn about other editing styles!

Here are the links:
Part 1
Part 2
Remember that a red star stands for a left-click and blue star stands for a right-click of the mouse.

Note: In Part 2, at time 02:24, the note that shows up for a few seconds is actually supposed to be at 04:05. I don't know how that happened, I must have accidentaly moved the text.

Hope this helps!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki