View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 03:14 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Camera Where To Find The Best-Quality Fairy Image

Many people have been asking where to find a close-up image shot of your fairy, so I thought it would be best to write up a step-by-step tutorial on it, for all to see.
A big thank-you to Iris and Mia, because without their help, I would never have figured out how to do this!

Step 1: Downloading the Correct Program

I am sure there is more than one program you could use, but I personally use PDF Lite.
If you don't have it already, here is the official download link: www.pdflite.com
It is completely free and easy to download. It works in almost the same way as Adobe Reader.

Step 2: "Printing" Your Fairy

Don't worry, no real printer is required.
There are two printing link locations in Pixie Hollow Online that I know of.
One is located on your Pixie Page,

and another is in the Wardrobe tab of your Leaf Journal.
(Top-right corner of the page, in the "Pose" section.)

Extra Note by Lila

Click on one of the two "Print This/Your Fairy" buttons, and this icon (or something similar) should pop-up:

Choose the "PDFLite" printer.

----------------------
Extra Step:
When you are up to Step 3: If the PDF file has an error, such as part of the image is missing or the quality is degraded, go back to this step.
Before clicking on "Print", check that the default settings are correct. Click on "Preferences", then "Advanced".
Make sure that the Page Size is A4, and the Print Quality is high enough.

---------------------

Another icon will pop-up, asking where you want to save the file and with what name.
Choose an appropriate place on your computer, where you know you will be able to find it. (ie. Desktop)

Step 3: Viewing Your Image & How To Use It

Open your new PDF file. Here, I have opened mine:

Looks perfect! If there is something wrong with the image, go back to the Extra Step.

There are two different ways to use your PDF file (ones that I know of, at least):

1) Use the zoom-in and zoom-out tools to find the perfect close-up shot, take a screenshot, then open
up an Image Manipulating Program, such as Paint, GIMP or Photoshop, and Paste it in (or press Ctrl+V).

2) GIMP and Photoshop have an option of opening a PDF file directly as a new file or layer.
I only have GIMP, so I will show you how it works there.
Open up GIMP, go to File > Open As Layers or just Open. Choose your PDF file.
This next icon will pop-up:

Select the image, and click on "Import". I normally leave the Resolution as 100%, and scale the image later on, but increasing the Resolution up to 200% would do no harm to the image.

And there you have it! You may crop away the white color by using an Eraser, a Free-Select Tool, or a One-Color Selection Tool.

I hope this tutorial was of help to you, and hopefully this will relieve the work of explaining this process repeatedly to newer, or very curious, forumers.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 12-20-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added an extra note -- ty Lila!