View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Thanks Liri!
Great post, Night Wish!
How about we go and rescue Stacia, and then Hope and Joy on the same trip? Kind of like Haven and Grace, so Lemony won't have to wait longer.
Wow, that would be one lucky day for the Clann!

"Ms. Jarvis?"
I glanced up at the Clann woman who'd just stepped out of my uncle's study. "Yes?" I asked, hopefully. It was all I could do to keep my excitement in check. Being one of the four Elders, Uncle Solon doesn't summon me very often to his office like this. He had to have something very, very important to say.
I knew it. Today's going to be the day! The day I get to go on my first mission!
I wanted to bounce up and down in my seat in excitement. But I held back, wanting to show my great-uncle the image of a mature, competent Clann agent-to-be. Not a little girl's enthusiasm.
"You may come in," the Clann woman continued, smiling at me. "Your uncle is ready to see you."
I leaped out of my chair, then immediately regretted it. "Thank you," I said in a voice that was hopefully calm and professional.
"Uncle Solon?" I asked, knocking respectfully on the open office door.
He looked up and smiled gently at me. "Hanna, my dear. What did you think of the meeting last night?"
I almost groaned out loud, not wanting to bother with small talk. Still, I smiled back at him. "It was great! The story of the Clann never gets old." I said, the sincerity ringing clear in my voice. Sometimes I couldn't believe I was fortunate enough to be a part of this amazing organization, have been around it for so long. More than anything, I believed in the values of the Clann, and I wanted nothing more than to become an agent and be able to help the Gifted.
"I'm glad you think so, my dear." Solon laughed. "Now, I know you're eager to know why I summoned you here today. I have talked to your supervisors regarding your training, and they have all agreed that you are ready for this. Hanna, if you believe the time is right, we will be sending you on your first mission. Will you accept?"
"Are you kidding?!" I gasped. I'd mentally prepared myself for this moment for years - and yet I found myself breathless with excitement. I struggled to keep it out of my voice. "I mean - yes, sir. I believe that I am ready for this."
"Excellent." Uncle Solon said, looking pleased. "Report to Talia and Cadence for the assignment." He paused. "I'm very proud of you, Hanna... Agent Jarvis."
I grimaced a little at that name. Thrilled as I was to become an agent at last, I didn't feel like the name suited me. Too... formal.
Maybe I could choose an agent name that wasn't my last name. I've heard of some who did that.
"I won't let you down, Uncle," I promised solemnly. "I won't let the Clann down either."
"I know you won't. Good luck, Hanna."