View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Believe in Miracles!
View Lark's Photo Album
Lark's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 74

My Mood: Pixieish
Lark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy ListLark is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Wow - I love to read so much - it is part of my day, everyday. My family has always had a library with thousands of books so as I grew up I could go anywhere my imagination and a good book would take me. To that end, I could never pick just one favorite but there have been some definate front runners.

Children/Young Adult
Miss Bianca (Margery Sharp) - this is book that inspired "The Rescuers"
The Ramona and Beezus series
The Great Brain series
The Harry Potter series
The works of the Bronte sisters (Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre...)
The works of Mark Twain (Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Prince and the Pauper...)
The works of Edgar Allan Poe (The Pit and the Pendulum, The Cask of Amonbilllado...)
Lorna Doone (RD Blackmore)
The works of William Shakespeare (where do you start? The Taming of the Shrew, Midsummer's Night Dream, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet...)
The works of Charles D`ickens (Christmas Carol, Oliver Twist, Tale of Two Cities...)
The poetry of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, John Keats, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Homer, Lord George Gordon Byron, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Shel Silverstein, Dr Suess and so many more...

Adult
I truly love history and really appreciate good historic "faction" authors but love almost all genre's of good writing.

The works of CJ Sansom (Heartstone, Dissolution, Sovereign, Revelation...)
The works of Ariana Franklin (Mistress of the Dark Arts, Grave Goods, Assasin's Prayer)
The works of Jean Plaidy (Heart of the Lion, Widow of Windsor, Plantagenet Prelude, Murder Most Royal...)
The works of Alison Weir (Mistress of the Monarchy, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Innocent Traitor, War of the Roses...)
The more historical works of Anne Rice (Feast of All Saints, Angel Time, Cry to Heaven, Witching Hour...)
The works of Rosamunde Pilcher (Shellseakers, End of Summer, Snow in April...)
The works of Edward Rutherfurd (Sarum, London, The Forest, New York, Russka, Dublin...)
The Tudors - Richard Rex
The works of TR Pearson (A Short History of a Small Place, Off For the Sweet Here After, Call and Response...)
The works of Elizabeth Von Arnim (Enchanted April, Love, Solitary Summer...)
The works of Gregory Maguire (Wicked, Lion Among Men, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister...)

I won't even try to list all plays I've loved or the Greek and Roman myths, the fairytales,... but well you get the picture. I really don't love everybook I touch - believe me I've read a couple lately that were a waste of good paper and ink (as well as my time) - but I do love so many I could never pick a single favorite.

Right now I am reading Elizabeth the Great by Elizabeth Jenkins and it is very well done...

This was my favorite thread so far. Thank you for starting it Irishfencer!

-Lark

Last edited by Maps; 01-28-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: removed accidental stars