View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Thank you for all the replies (keep them coming.)

I know I shouldn't take Mr. Negative's words as seriously as I did; but sometimes he can be really nice - making me lose my guard - and then the next moment he brings me down with his negative attitude. It's actually true that he doesn't read a lot, he's told me on a many different occasions - he'd rather play computer games than read; that was one of his examples for people wanting to live their own adventures: by playing MMORPG games. I like to play such games, too; in fact, I'm been playing one way too often lately. And yet, I also love to read; I just finished a book last night.

I'm glad to know it's just his opinion about books, and not the rest of us. It really scared me, knowing how the world is going with technology, that maybe people really weren't interested in reading books for fun anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_of_Glory
Reading is an adventure, and there is no reason why you can't go on all sorts of those in real life, yet still enjoy the ones you find in books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Icewind
In my opinion no matter what books will never be old, not only for me but for all those who want to live a dream and create their own unique & different world where imagination has no limit.
I totally agree! I go on an adventure every time I sit down to write my books, and the negative remarks makes me want to write my stories better so they are worth reading.

At the moment I feel like maybe I'm being a brat for insisting on wanting writing books to be my career; with people telling me I should live in the 'real world' and not my 'fantasy world'. So I'm trying to live in both worlds, earning enough money to promote my books. Must Stay Positive.