View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 10:13 PM
Coffee Monster
View Frozenthorn's Photo Album
Frozenthorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award A Fairy Haiku Award Spring 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 85

My Mood: Tired
Frozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Water Talent
Thanks for the welcome back, Primrosesweet! Just been super busy doing too much hobbies and home-related things. Life just keeps on happening, ha! I would love to have a yard though. Maybe in the future if we ever move to another living space I will put my foot down and put in my two cents and say I want something of a back-yard so that I can have a huge garden area.

That's such an amazing story about your apple tree, Sapphira. I hope you have all the apples you can! To grow and take care of a tree over the last eight years! Such love, attention, and care! I'm glad to hear of it! Congratulations on all your well-earned efforts! We have sort of an apple tree growing below our balcony. It made one teeny tiny red apple last year. This spring it has more flowers, so maybe by chance it might make a few teeny tiny apples. It also has a friend/ neighbor tree that is young, called a mimosa tree. They can grow huge. They have delightful fluffy pink flowers that have such a sweet scent, it's other-worldly and dreamy! But for now this young mimosa tree is not much more than just a tall single ten feet tall sapling. I won't expect it to have the fluffy pink flowers for several more years though.

My Flower garden so far. Front left long container is Petunias. Rear red container is Cineraria (they smell amazing!). Rear right container are more Petunias. And front right are plain Marigolds. Some of which had already gone to seed, so I re-planted some of the new Marigold seeds and saved some in a paper envelope for later planting. And the funny looking metal sculpture is named, Well-dee, ha ha. Something my Husband said needed to live out on the balcony. Below Well-dee are a few interesting rocks we have found or collected, some even have local/ natural quartz on them, so beautiful in the afternoon . And on the far left of the table is a little wooden turtle.

I had also noticed that the Maple tree that's been growing in the area below us had dropped its seeds and caught a ride on a breeze and came up on our balcony. So I took several of the Maple seeds and stuck them in the dirt of the containers. And as of now I seen a couple of baby Maple trees starting to grow. Baby trees are so darn cute! If they can grow strong enough, we will do our best to take care of the new sprouts, and maybe next spring we can plant some saplings somewhere.