View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 09:05 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Scene 8

Professor Boltz sighed. It certainly wasn't like those golden days anymore. To be a Tinkering Mainland Fairy one had to have an extraordinary talent and create something dazzling! Something brilliant, but not too scientific or else the humans would fail to see the magic in it – that was the most difficult part, humans were always trying to figure out how things worked instead of simply taking magic for what it was: Pure Wonder. Which explained why Professor Boltz' class was always small, just one student before Tinker Bell came along. Fairies were too tiny and carefree to care about such lofty aspirations.

“All right, class, I see that everybody is here,” spoke the professor. “Locket, Tinker Bell, and a new recruit: Ringles. Today's assignment is to create an invention that a human can use in the kitchen.” He pulled a leaf of paper down to showcase all the current human tools of a 1900s kitchen.

Tinker Bell's eyes sparkled, she had no idea that any of these existed – and they were all so ingenious! She especially liked a gadget that peeled and cored an apple at once using a corkscrew and handle attacked to a clamp which you'd secure to a table. I need to make one for the Hollow! Tink thought. It would save a lot of time for the Baking talents when they wanted to make apple-based desserts. She got her notepad out and started to scribble down an apple peeler-corer she could make at home, then forgot that the assignment was to make a new invention for a human to use.

Think, think, think, she said to herself. Ah! I know what I could make...

“Now remember,” Professor Boltz said, making the three students glance up from their books. “I want you to build your invention on the leaf paper. That means don't just scribble something fun down, really think about what materials you'd use to make the invention and draw an in depth mechanism of the inner workings.”

Tinker Bell heard Ringles grumble but she wasn't worried – she always delved into her inventions one Lost Item at a time.

Finally it was times up and the professor wished to see what his pupils had created:

“It's an oven that can bake two dishes at two different temperatures,” Ringles proudly declared.

Boltz nodded with approval. “Let me see how you built it.”

“Uh...” Ringles hesitantly handed his notebook to the professor.

“I see...Hm...You have a wonderful imagination, Ringles – but...this tells me nothing on how your invention would work.”

“That's because it would need pure fairy magic,” snorted Locket.

“It would not,” Ringles' glow glared orange.

“Then tell us how your oven would work in cooking two dishes at once, but with two different temperatures?” teased Locket.

“Er...uh, it would, um...” Ringles scratched his head. “I-I could definitely sort it out if I had a day or two...or three.”

“Yuh-huh, yeah. Let's move on to my own invention,” Locket handed Boltz her paper.

Tinker Bell knew Locket was only being playful towards Ringles, but she could see that there was a lot more competitiveness among Mainland Fairies than Never Fairies. I guess when you aren't born with a natural talent it takes more work to find your place in 'fairy society'.

“You'll see that my invention is a lot more practical,” Locket said.

“Hmm, yes...perhaps this could help the humans,” Professor Boltz said.

To Be Continued...