View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I'm a bit of a selfish writer, actually. The whole reason I chose to become one is that I was inspired to share my own stories. I've been writing since I was nine years old and my Mom thought that I would probably choose that as my career, but I told her "No way, I only write for myself, I don't want others to see it". Years went by and I suddenly wanted to share all those stories in my head. My thinking is that: It's not fair that I can't write the story that I want to write just because people supposedly don't want to read it. How does anyone know until it's been tried?

One book I wrote was because I wanted to do my own version of Studio Ghibli's "Castle in the Sky", I really wanted the main characters to explore the floating island, but not a lot of that was done. They showed scenes of the place, but then it was all about stopping some mad man from using the castle in the sky as a war weapon. So my book has my own characters exploring different areas in my own city in the sky.

I do write for the young, and they are all fantasy stories, which I hear is pretty popular. Plus I mainly read books for kids, so I know what is what.