View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I figured that it might be nice to update this thread a little.
True, the game is now more difficult, but there are still a few tips I have figured out that have helped me already.

First, I would like to say that the ingredients rewards are now back down to a miserable amount. (30 Roses, 40 Buttercups and 60 Raspberries for a 150,000+ score)
  • I know I've said before that most likely items appear close to where they should be. Now they are placed much further away! Just be careful of that; if you begin putting different items around and realise that that's not the answer, you should first check the items that you have barely moved.
  • There are a few new levels which are symmetrical on the horizontal axis (ie. the left and right halves of the puzzle are almost identical). If you see such a level, most likely your answer will look symmetrical as well - in fact, it is almost certain.
  • Most levels are not new at all - they have simply been made a bit more difficult in order to confuse us, but the overall working will be similar. If you see a level and you think that you have seen it before, then try to remember how you have figured out that puzzle previously.
  • New changes = More items given, which in turn = Less elbow space. Ugh, it can be so frustrating to have to move away a whole row of mirrors to let that one light beam pass through. It has thrown me off so many times! Your mind automatically thinks that all that space cannot be used. Keep in mind that you do have a lot more space to work in!
  • Because of having to move more items around, it takes longer to complete a level. Most of the time, if I don't have my answer ready in my head from the very beginning, I tend to lose that Time Bonus. So don't panic if you see your time bonus running out - panicking never helps in situations like these.
  • I don't know about all of you, but I find that the levels are so out of order! I might get stuck at one level and then breeze through the new few, then stop on another level again. Level 30 tends to be easier than Levels 28 and 29, lol.
  • There might still be some mirrors or light splitters left over in the end.
That's about it for now.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki

Last edited by Onionleaf; 02-23-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: added point