View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
(I wasn't able to see the glitter text names of my OC's so I created a new one for Tori and will be doing the same for Ezra and Galadriel.)

"Alright. I'm ready." I tell Ansell
"Okay. Follow me."

Ansell and I exit my room, walking at a normal, casual yet mildly brisk pace. There are still Gifted and Clann members frantically running around, though the crowd from early has died down a bit. A majority of the Gifted are probably still training while the Clann are getting ready for a possible, upcoming attack. I may have hated this place with a burning passion when I first arrived, and I know I still act like I do, but now I just can't help but worry about the safety of all the people here. I wonder what must be going through Nyna's head right now. Concern for her team and all of the Gifted, with the threat of the king and his army looming in her mind, like a festering storm, just waiting to cover the land with pounding rain. For a moment, I begin to second guess myself and what I'm about to do.

Maybe... maybe I should stay. They might need my help.

I consider that thought for a moment before shaking my head.

No... no. They'll be fine without me. I need to leave. Now. This is something I must do and-

"Tori? What are you doing?" I hear the sound of Ansell's voice as it breaks through my thoughts.
I look at him, puzzled before I realize that I stopped walking and was just standing still in the middle of this hallway.
"Tori..." Ansell says again "Is becoming a statue one of your powers or-"
"It's nothing." I cut him off "I was just thinking. It's nothing you need to worry about. Let's go."
"Don't worry, we're going." He replies as we start walking again "I just need to make a quick stop."
"What?!"
"I need to step into this meeting for a second. It's important. Don't worry, it shouldn't take long."
"It better not." I mutter

A few minutes later we arrive at the room of the meeting. We stop outside of the door and Ansell turns to me.

"Okay. Wait right here and don't go anywhere. The meeting's probably almost over anyway. This shouldn't take long. Once it's over we'll leave. If I can get out before it ends, I will."
"You know, I'm surprised, Ansell. You've been uncharacteristically non-sarcastic this whole time. Do you feel alright?" I ask, faking concern
"I feel as fine as a ferret... and as pretty as a parrot." He says, flipping his short hair the best that he could.
"I think I'm gonna be sick." I reply, dryly
"Well, there's a trashcan over there that you can use. I hope you feel better soon or else you might have to stay here."
"Mmm, that certainly can't happen."
"Well, it could and it might, depending on whether or not you can hold in your lunch. Now, I really must go to that meeting before we get too carried away with ourselves." Ansell turns and walks to the door.
"Have fun!" I say with a fake smile.
"Fun is always nonexistent at these things," Ansell turns back to me "But I'll try my best." He winks at me before opening the door. I make sure to stay out of the way so nobody in the room sees me.
"Hi, guys! Hope you didn't miss me too much." Ansell exclaims as he shuts the door behind him.

I sigh, beginning to look around me. There's nothing interesting about the hallway I'm standing in. No pictures, no fancy wallpaper, dull colors. It looks like a real party.

I really hope that meeting doesn't last long... and that I don't run into anybody while I'm here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20 minutes later

I'm now laying on my back on the ground, looking at my legs that are up against the wall. So far, I haven't run into any Gifted or Clann agents. Sure, I've seen a few run by down at the end of the hallway, but none came past me. It also seems my theory about most of the Clann agents being in that meeting was correct. Lucky me. However, Ansell still hasn't returned from said meeting. Unlucky me.

He needs to get out soon or else I won't be able to leave at all."

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of the door opening and loud voice that belonged to, none other than, Ansell.

"And you tell her that I actually can be silent for more than thirty seconds. She won't believe it, but that doesn't matter. Alright, buh-bye!" Ansell shuts the door behind him. When he turns and his eyes land on me, they widen a bit. "What in the world are you doing?"
"Waiting for you." I answer in a monotone voice.
"Well, I'm obviously done now. So, if you don't mind, would you please get out of the uncomfortable looking position so we can do the thing?"
"Do... the thing?" I repeat him, feigning confusion
"Oh no. Listen, playing dumb is my thing, okay? It can't be yours too."
"Alright, alright." I say, standing up "I mean, I'll still 'play dumb' whenever I want to but for now, since I still want to leave, I'll stop."
"Well, that was easier than I thought." Ansell says under his breath "Alright. Let's move out."

Ansell and I finally make it out of the compound. Or... almost out. We stop at the main doors before actually exiting. Ansell looks around and turns to me.

"Okay, so here's the plan: You and I are going to go out there together. I need you looking like your usual unhappy, pouting self while I explain to the guards that I'm taking you to practice your archery. They'll most likely ask why and I'll just tell them that there are no more targets for you to practice on and that Nyna said I could take you out to practice."
"Are you sure they'll believe that?" I ask him
"If it was coming from anyone else, probably not. But when you throw in my endearing and alluring charm into the mix, then you've got a one-way ticket outta here."
I pause, taking into account all the things he said before responding
"What charm are you speaking of?"

Ansell doesn't reply immediately. Instead, he just looks at me quizzically, almost seeming to study me. Growing uncomfortable, I shift my weight, awaiting his reply. It, thankfully, doesn't take that long for him to speak.

"You enjoy this, don't you?"
I'm taken aback by his question "W-what?"
"You enjoy this little thing we do. You never had someone in your life that could match your sarcasm and wit, right?" He asked, a small smirk just barely apparent on his face.

Now it was my turn to pause before replying. Ansell wasn't wrong. In fact, he couldn't be more right at this moment. I've never had someone like Ansell in my life and I definitely enjoyed our little banter, though I've always tried not to show it. Seems like I've failed at that tonight. Still, I refuse to fully admit that.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I can assure you, I enjoy nothing about what we have. In fact, you annoy me more than anyone I've ever met."
"Uh huh. Sure."
"What now?" I ask, legitimately starting to get annoyed
"I don't believe you."
"Well, I'm not surprised to hear that."
"Your eyes give it away." Ansell states
"No, they don't." I respond
"Yes, they do. Just cause your eyes are a deep, dark shade of blue doesn't mean they can hide any and all emotions. I should know. Not only am I a professional liar but I'm also a professional liar-spotter."
"Well..." I pause once again, unsure about whether or not I want to say what I'm about to say. I take a deep breath, prepared to show a side of me that Ansell has only seen a couple times. "Maybe I just didn't want to hide all of my emotions from you this time." I say to him in a voice that's quieter.

Ansell doesn't respond immediately. He seems to be choosing his words carefully, which might be a first for him. I decide to speak up again.

"You said back in my room that you wanted us to try and be friends."
I don't know where I'm going with this or why the heck I'm even saying it.
"I'm... I'm just trying to honor that,"
Okay... that wasn't so bad.

Ansell takes a few more moments to soak that all in before responding "Well... I appreciate that. And since we're all admitting things now I guess I should say... you surprise me, Tori. I'm beginning to learn you're not all fury and-"
"Judgement." I finish for him.
"Well, I was going to say 'cold-blooded huntress' but yeah, that works too."

We stand in silence, staring at each other for a few seconds before looking away. We both just showed parts of ourselves that we rarely let others see. I know I feel a bit awkward now. I can imagine Ansell feels the same. It seems for a few moments, we forget about what we came here to do.

"Is it too late to escape now?" I ask, suddenly remembering
"Oh! Right. You have to do that whole escaping thing. Of course." Ansell clears his throat. "Let's go. We have to hurry. My incredible charm shuts down at midnight."
"It is midnight." I tell him.
"Don't worry. I can stretch the charm out for a few minutes before sleep-hungry-Ansell kicks in."

We finally walk outside. At first, it doesn't seem like any guards are out.

Maybe they're asleep? Or perhaps back inside with the other Clann members?

The sound of the woods around us becomes almost unsettling, as we continue to walk without being disturbed by guards. I look at Ansell, who has the same confused yet alert expression that I have.

"This isn't right. We should've encountered the guards by now." Ansell says
"Where do you think they are?" I ask
"I don't know..." Ansell trails off.

Suddenly, two Dai Li agents jump down from the trees above us, immediately engaging in a fight with us. Ansell and I quickly defeat them.

"What was that?! Why were there Dai Li agents here?!" I exclaim
"It's part of their first attack on the Clann base." Ansell states. "These two were probably going to try and sneak in through the front doors."
"Where are the others?"

Ansell opened his mouth to answers when, out of the blue, the sounds of yelling and metal hitting metal fill the forest.

"Well... I guess we know where the Dai Li and the guards are now." Ansell says, dryly "All the other Gifted and Clann agents too. At least, those willing to fight."

I look at him and then back to the direction of the fight. I start to consider the only two options I have in this moment.

Either I stay and fight... or I leave and hunt him down.

I stand still, conflicted. For some reason, part of me wants to stay and fight with and for the Clann.

I... I don't know what to do.

I'm so lost in thought that I jump when Ansell puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, sorry. Didn't mean to startle you." He says with his signature grin
"It's fine." Is all I'm able to say.
"You should go." Ansell tells me after a few seconds
I turn to him "What?"
"You should go. No, you need to go."
"B-but the-"
"The Clann and the Gifted will be fine. This isn't the entire Dai Li army, nor is it the Gifted army. The king is saving that for another time. Right now, it's just a small group of Dai Li agents. Something we can handle. You need to go, though. I can tell whatever you've been wanting and needing to do for so long is really important to you. Not just that, but I'd go as far to say it might even be healthy for you. You should go." Ansell says

I look at the path that's before us.

Freedom... revenge... More thoughts run through my head, quick images of my parents and him. I take a deep breath.

I need to do this.

"I'll go." I say to Ansell
Ansell gives me a firm nod "Just go straight down this path, make a right at the heart-shaped tree and you'll be good to go. The nearest town is west of here. It's called Telenoria. You should make it to the town by morning if you don't rest along the way."
"Okay." I pause "Thank you again for doing this. I owe you one."
"Yeah, you do. But don't worry about that. Focus on whatever it is you have to do and... be careful." Ansell says
"I will... try" I reply
"Remember what I said about not going too far? About not crossing that line?" Ansell asks
"I won't forget it." And I mean that
Ansell nods again "Good. Well... I won't hold you up any longer. Goodbye for now, Tori." He says, sticking out his hand
"Goodbye for now, Ansell." I say, shaking his hand.

And with that, we both run off in our respective directions, either of us having our own missions.

Mine... has only just begun.

Author's Note: Wow... that was long. Sorry about that. Also, sorry Ansell was featured so heavily in it. I know we said we'd only control the other characters in a minor way but the situation Tori was in required Ansell and a lot of him. Now that Tori has escaped, posts about her won't feature any other characters at all, for the most part. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this (it's been a while since I've written that lol). If Night Wish was active I would ask her if she was okay with how I wrote Ansell (it has been like 3 years since I've written dialogue for any of these characters. But like, Night if you come back on and see this, are you okay with all that I wrote?). I hope I balanced his sarcasm and his humanity well. Same with Tori. I'm pretty sure this Tori chapter is a bit different than any other Tori post I've written but I like to think that's because I've matured as a writer. There are no OOC moments, no cringy dialogue (hopefully) and Tori shouldn't come across as annoying as she used to be in the other chapters. So yeah. It felt good to write another RP post after so long. I hope to write more.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 05-04-2018 at 07:16 AM.