View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 03:35 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Cedar and the Quest for the Fairy Feast

~PART 3: Fairy Feast~

"Cedar! Oh, thank the Second Star you're okay!" Hyacinth came rushing to greet the forest-talent, as he walked out of the Autumn Forest wood. "I've been searching everywhere for you after some scout-talents spotted a howling beast crashing out of the Autumn Forest."

Cedar didn't say anything, only continued to walk towards the Home Tree; his clothes, hair, and wings caked in mud.

"Um...ARE you okay?" Hyacinth asked. "You look...er..."

"Awful?" Cedar said. "Terrible? Horrendous? Like I've just been DRAGGED through the mud?"

"Ah, that...sums it up..."

Cedar stopped. "You can inform Ree that I took care of the shadowy creature."

"You...HAVE?"

"Yes. It shouldn't be coming back anytime soon." Cedar had sounded tired, and then he spun around and beamed at Hyacinth, "The Fairy Feast is saved! All the fall harvest the beast didn't eat he put in some kind of horn. Once I get my wings cleaned and dried off I can show every fairy the way!"

"That's wonderful!" Hyacinth clapped his hands.

~*~

"There it is," Cedar said, pointing at the horn of plenty as it spilled mini pumpkins, Never Squash, apples, and grapes on the forest floor.

All talents of Pixie Hollow, curiosity drawing them, followed Cedar through the Autumn Forest.

Queen Clarion and Hyacinth alighted next to the strange horn.

"Oh! I KNOW what that is," a basket-weaving-talent said, "I read about it. It's called a cornucopia and Clumsies on the Mainland fill it with food and use it as a fall harvest centerpiece."

"Why is it HERE?" Ree wondered.

"And why did that...THING have it?" Hyacinth said.

"Let's use our pixie dust to move it," Tiger Lily, an animal-talent, suggested.

Cedar watched as the Never Fairies threw dust onto the cornucopia and guided its floating mass to the Pumpkin Patch; where they gently settled it down by Knothole Pantry, a storage house where the animal fairies gathered food for their fuzzy-wuzzy friends.

"Cedar," Queen Clarion turned to face the sparrowman. "Cedar? Where did he fly off to?"

"There he is!" a scout-talent said.

He was heading back home.

"I'll get him," a fast-flying-talent zoomed off. "Where are you going? Ree wants to talk to you. Hurry, hurry, hurry!" She spoke so fast that at times it was hard to tell what she was saying.

"What? Hey! Don't pull my arm off, Gale," Cedar said. "Remember, I can't fly as fast as you!"

"Cedar," Ree warmly said.

"Um, Ree, fly with you." Cedar bowed a little. "Yes?"

"Not only have you saved our first annual Fairy Feast, to celebrate the harvest, you have also saved Pixie Hollow from a mysterious threat AS WELL AS autumn itself; for without our harvest the season of fall cannot be brought to the Mainland.
"Therefore, from this moment on, I wish for you to look over the preparations for autumn."

Cedar gasped. "You mean...?"

"Yes, I bestow upon you, Cedar, Minister of Autumn," Queen Clarion said. "I know you love the season of fall the most and have great faith that you will not fail in this duty."

Cedar glowed with pride. "No, I won't. Thank you, Ree -- uh, I-I mean Queen Clarion."

The fairy queen smiled. "Ree is fine. Never Fairies! The Fairy Feast was put together to celebrate autumn and its harvest; yet I am sure none of you will protest to the addition that it honor the new Minister of Autumn!"

The different talents clapped and cheered.

Hyacinth approached Cedar. "So, what should I call you, now that you are no longer CEDAR the forest-talent?" He poked him playfully.

Cedar caught a tiny fall leaf as it fell before his face; a lovely crimson. "You can call me Redleaf."

~Epilogue~

The Minister of Autumn rested on a tree branch in the Autumn Forest, watching fairies of all talents help bring blueberries, corn kernels, mini pumpkins, acorns, and Never Squash to the old Cornucopia in Pumpkin Patch Valley; every fall harvest time the horn of plenty had its seat of honor on a tree trunk next to Knothole Pantry, just like it did many, many seasons ago.

Redleaf mused, wondering if that mysterious beast-of-sorts ever missed its cornucopia. He patted the chestnut tree he sat in and thought: "Well, if it ever decides to come back, I know EXACTLY how to get it to leave Pixie Hollow alone."

~The End

Last edited by Sapphira110; 11-27-2014 at 04:37 AM.