View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 02:10 AM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post

Link to an article describing it!
Thanks, Stargazer, for making a note of that! I'm actually really glad to hear--officially!--that Disneytoon isn't dead. All of the behind-the-scenes small interviews with employees and lack of official announcement (or official representation at this year's D23) was really making me question things. Glad to hear they're still alive!
As the article I posted points out, the main press release only noted theatrical releases. Perhaps Disneytoon has a secret direct-to-video release coming sooner than 2019?
Of course I'd like the 2019 release to be a Tinker Bell movie (just think: four long years to get a proper conclusion to the series all written out and produced with all the beautiful effects--or maybe even better ones!--than Legend of the Neverbeast boasted!), although I feel as though a third Planes movie is slightly more likely than a seventh Fairies movie. Or, perhaps this is an entirely new movie franchise to fall in love with, who knows? Its all speculation at this point, and I don't think we'll be getting more information until D23 2017 or the year 2018.
But I'm just glad they're not dead completely. Yay!
I have found some new Tinkerbell toys the other week! I know the sequel to Planes did ok, but the last 3 Tinkerbell movies did really well. They have grossed over $100 million combined overseas. If they did a limit release in the USA, I think it would do really good.