View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 02:52 AM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
Hi, Onion! I have owned a 3DS since it was released in 2011, and I still enjoy playing on it nowadays. I have had virtually no problems with the 3DS except for battery life, but that should not be a problem for you since you said you are a casual gamer. The screen size of the regular-sized 3DS is adequate enough, but if you would prefer a larger screen, go for the 3DS XL. As for the 3D feature, I essentially never use it. Your eyes really need to be lined up with the screen quite precisely in order for the image to not appear blurry, so even if you move your head slightly, the screen is out of focus. However, with the New Nintendo 3DS, there is face tracking 3D, which allows you to view the screen in 3D from different angles.

I also would like to recommend a game to you that I still play since its release in 2013 (for North America). It is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and it is a great game for casual gamers because it is a choose-your-own-adventure kind of game. It is the loveliest game I have ever played (besides Pixie Hollow). Everything from the music to the general charm makes it a pleasant game to play. You can design your own home, talk to animal villagers, dig up fossils, create outfits, catch fish and bugs, be the mayor of your own town, etc. Honestly, the game is plotless, allowing you to play at your own pace. Nevertheless, my explanation of the game does not do any justice to how remarkable the game is. It is almost an experience of its own, just like Pixie Hollow. I highly recommend purchasing it!

If you decide to buy a 3DS (and possibly New Leaf), let me know so we can exchange friend codes! Or if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.