View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 05:42 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Kati Nedakh

On the day of the Reunion Ball, I relieved any stress I felt over it by training with my Atlantean spear for several hours. I wanted to take a swim at Blue Moon Cove afterward but by then, it was already time to prepare for the ball.
I don't often dress formal so I felt out of my element as soon as I put on the outfit that had been specially made for this occasion. After I had gotten ready, I went to meet my mother out in the courtyard before we departed. As usual, I'm ready before my mother and now have to stand outside waiting for her while resisting any temptation to leave and train more. I was itching to feel my hands on my spear again. However, it didn't take too long before mother finally came outside with a few of her guards in tow. She looked me up and down and with a small smile said, "You look beautiful. Like a true princess of Atlantis."
I gave her a small smile back, "Thank you, mother. You look beautiful as well." My eyes fell to her neck as I saw that, unsurprisingly, she was wearing the Heart of Atlantis necklace. A twinge of guilt and of jealousy befell me. Everyone and everything is connected to the Heart of Atlantis. Its power permeates through every Atlantean and enhances our technology. It is what makes Atlantis… Atlantis. Yet, I still remain unconnected to it. I feel like I've let my mother down because of that. My mother… and all of Atlantis.
'I wonder if the reason we've grown apart is because of my lack of a connection to the Heart. She's probably so disappointed in me.'
"Are you ready to go?" I heard my mother's voice interrupt my thoughts.
"Y-yes, of course." I replied.
We were led to our personal Aktiraks and then proceeded to fly off to the place where we'd open the portal to Estoriana.

During the ride, mother decided to try to have a conversation with me. "Are you excited to go to this ball?" She yelled as we soared over the ocean, the wind hitting our ear making it very difficult to hear anyone speak.
"I suppose so." I yelled back
"What?!"
"I said 'I SUPPOSE SO'!"
"OH!" Mother remained silent for a few seconds, "Are you nervous?"
"Nervous about what?"
"Um, meeting the Varden, I guess…" She trailed off, seeming unsure of herself
"I don't know. Maybe a little bit." I replied, not wanting to answer with complete honesty. You see, I was nervous. Scratch that, I was terrified. I'd heard about these people before but never in my life did I imagine I'd meet them in person. Atlantis stayed pretty neutral in the past and didn't get involved in any of the Varden's quests. We were fighting our own war and couldn't afford to send any help. 'I wonder if anyone is upset because of that.' I wonder.

I didn’t have to wonder for too long, though. We soon arrived at the empty island where we’d open the portal to Estoriana. Once my mother, the guards, and I made our way to the center of the island, Mother took out her necklace and chanted something under her breath. The next thing I know, this huge, multicolor portal opens up in front of us. I’m in awe, unable to move. Mother nudged me, “Are you ready to go?”
“Uh… yeah. I-I think I am.” I said, trying to recover from the shock I felt.
Mother hesitated before taking my hand. We stepped forward, getting closer to the portal. With a nervous gulp, we entered the portal. There was a bright flash of white that went away almost as soon as it appeared. The next thing I know, mother and I are standing in a dark forest with our guards. There was a cold feeling in the air, and not just from the wind. Something felt sinister. I doubted this is what the party was supposed to look and feel like. We could hear the sound of panicked people in the distance. I looked over at my mother to see her taking out her spear. The guards followed suit. I took out my Atlantean dagger and followed my mother as she moved forward.
“Stay close to me.” She said in a hushed tone.
As we got closer and closer to the sound of the people, the feeling of the world around us changed. The woods got brighter, the cold was gone, and any sense of evil seemed to vanish. We came upon a clearing which turned out to be the entrance to the Reunion Ball. The large crowd that we had heard earlier was less panicked now but still confused.
“I wonder what all that was.” I said, putting my dagger away
“I don’t know. Everything seems to be alright now, though.” Mother said, with a hint of uncertainty in her voice. “We should go introduce ourselves now.”

Mother and I walked in with our guards staying close behind. I saw there were other kids my age here but they were all busy playing and talking with one another. I decided to stay by my mother’s side and introduce myself to all the older Varden and Council members.

After a while, the Council of Light gathered together to make an announcement. They welcomed everyone to the ball and introduced the new council members, my mother being one of them. Later on during the ball, the festivities were interrupted by several shrill screams. One of the fathers attending the ball disappeared right in front of his family. After this, everyone was quickly evacuated from the site of the ball. Mother decided to stay behind with some of the other Council of Light members and had me leave with our guards. I told her how much I wanted to stay and help but she was adamant that I leave “for my own safety”.
I don’t know what the Council did that night and I don’t think I’ll ever find out. Mother was very tight-lipped about it.
About a week later, we had to attend a meeting held by the Council. They told us that there have been numerous other disappearances happening all over the world and they told us what they think is the reason for these disappearances. In the middle of the meeting, two kids fell into the room from the ceiling. The Council let them stay, despite the interruption. After the meeting was over, Mother once again stayed behind to talk with the Council and, once again, I couldn’t be there with her. Down the hall, I saw a few other kids from the Reunion Ball talking to each other. I felt awkward just standing outside of the meeting room door so I decided to introduce myself to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Odilia

Ancient earth and eternal skies, reveal to me where Exilia resides.” I chanted, throwing two, small bones and a coal colored feather into a bowl. I had been working on this spell for a while yet I was never able to get it to work the way I needed it to. ‘I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.’
I could feel the anger simmering inside of me. My patience was wearing thin. Very thin. Not only was I getting frustrated with my own abilities but I knew that Rothar would be upset. For what seemed like my whole life, Rothar had been teaching me magic and how to use and control my “gifts”. A simple revealing spell like I was trying to accomplish would be hard for an amateur. It shouldn’t be so difficult for someone like me. I am better than this. Rothar knows I’m better than this.
‘So why can’t I do it?!’ My anger was now boiling. I was past the point of calming myself down. I threw the bowl I was using across the room. Turning, I came to face myself in the mirror. My breathing was becoming more ragged the angrier I got. I was still looking in the mirror when my eyes turned blood red.
I can barely recall what happened next. I just remember sounds. The sound of my own yelling and various items breaking and shattering. Once I came back to my senses and my rage had subsided, I was surrounded by pure carnage in my room. I looked back to my mirror to see that it had become countless glass shards on the floor and I could see my eyes were back to their normal color now.
I took a deep breath before dusting off my clothes, trying to compose myself. ‘I need to clean this up before Rothar-‘

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a door close. He’s here.
There was no time to clean up now. I could hear Rothar make his way up the stairs to my room.
‘I guess there’s only one thing I can do.’ I thought to myself. With one more deep breath, I quickly cast an illusion spell with ease. To Rothar, my room would look completely normal. Hopefully, he wouldn’t be able to tell that it was all a facade. He had been able to see through so many of my spells before. I was rarely able to fool him but it doesn’t hurt to try. It'll work at some point. Hopefully that “point” is now.

When Rothar finally arrived and opened my door, he looked around. I think he could tell something was off but for some reason he said nothing except, “Good morning, Odilia.”
“Good morning, Uncle.” I said. He isn’t my real uncle. I don’t even know if I have a real uncle. But for as long as I could remember, Rothar had insisted I refer to him as “uncle”.
“You started practicing your spells early today.” He said. I immediately tensed up. ‘He knows.’
He then gestured to the floor where my bowl from earlier would have been before I wrecked my room. ‘He must be seeing the illusion.’ I hid my excitement over my spell working as best as I could, “Well, yes. How am I ever going to get as good as you without practice.” I teased Rothar, though deep down I genuinely hoped to surpass him in both magical power and skill someday.
“Good luck with that, my little swan.” He said, “I shan't disturb you any longer. Proceed with your spell practice. I will start on breakfast.”
“Thank you, Uncle.” I said, sweetly as he shut the door.

‘Thank goodness he’s gone.’ I said to myself, ‘Now how do I clean this mess up?’