View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Whoops did I miss something??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
Dandelion is beautiful, and so full of character. I could imagine her being on a front cover of her own storybook.

Did you use coloring pencils, or is this a digital drawing? I like the soft, pencil-like effect that you used.
Thank you. I do the sketch with pencil first, then color the picture with the computer. To make sure the image is colored, I set the pencil/sketch layer to multiply, so the sketch is still visible. I also sometimes color the image on the top of the sketch layer to add some smoother skin effect.

---
No... I have to post something

Explanation:
Step 1: Blocking
I block out the main shape of the face. In this step, I do a very rough drawing of my face structure and paying attention to the proportions.

Step 2: Edgework
In this step, I started to pay attention to the general form of the face and also add some dark shadows to increase the picture contrast.

Step 3: Detail
The next thing to do is to create the detail of the face. I usually started out from the eyes and aggressively focus on the eyes, since eyes are the main focal point of the portrait. I also start to repair the nose (I'm bad at nose drawing, so yeah)

Step 4: Hair
I created the hair with a hair custom brush. I also use the mixture of photoshop round brush to create a more realistic look.

Step 5: Repair
In this step, I flip the image and find out lots of mistakes that is pretty funny to recognize. I decided to just fix some of them and flip back the image.
Tip: It's easier to find mistakes by flipping the image!

Step 6: Background
At this step, I start to work out with the background and try to blend the render/the girl with the background itself. At first, it's challenging to do this, but with some trial and error I finally able to match those two elements up.

Step 7: Final Polishing
The last one! I adjust the background and add up some highlights.

---
And here's the portrait result:

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 03-15-2017 at 05:46 PM.