View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 03:17 AM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
This week is Pixie Dust Alchemy Week!

What I loved about The Pirate Fairy (I'm planning on watching it this week actually) is how Zarina proves that pixie dust can come in different colors. So this week's activity is making pixie dust.

To start, you'll need some glitter jars. I got a pack of glitter in a bunch of colors at my local craft store.

Here's some of the pixie dust I created: (tip: when making dust, make sure you add the tiniest bit of blue dust to activate it)

Tinker talent-Green dust with small branches
Forest talent-Leaf colored dust with small leaves
Winter talent-White dust. It may not be winter yet, but when it comes, you can collect a tiny bit of snow and put it in.
Blue pixie dust-A jar of blue dust (be careful with it; it's powerful!)
Water talent-Light blue dust. You can choose to put shells, seaweed or tiny water droplets
Love pixie dust-Red dust combined with pink for friendship and a little bit of white (you can put it in a heart shaped bottle if you want)
Animal talent-Orange dust with egg shells
Fire talent-Dark orange dust combined with red and burnt wood (you can also add igneous rock, gemstones or ashes)
Garden talent-Pink dust with flower petals
Art talent-Purple dust with either paint, or a tiny drawing you created
Music talent-Pink or purple dust (I used light purple) with a small bell
Fast flying talent-Purple dust with feathers
Light talent-Yellow or amber dust with sunflower seeds
Regular dust-Gold dust
Storm talent-Black dust
Scout talent-Dull colored dust with bark and/or stones
Spell casting pixie dust-Silver dust mixed with gold
Dream pixie dust-Purple dust with silver and the secret ingredient

You can make dust for other blessings too.
Here are some other options:

Potions-Food colored liquid (the love potion can be in a heart shaped bottle)
Mermaid scales-Chunky glitter (you can add some water droplets)
Star dust-Star shaped glitter
Magic sand-Beach sand (you can add silver glitter if you want

Put your dust jars in a safe place. You can use stickers to decorate the jars if you want. I added tape labels to identify them. You can also add tags and even charms

If you want to be able to access your fairy dust when needed, you'll need a tiny vial charm (I got mine at my craft store). Attach the charm to a necklace cord and fill it with your fairy dust.

I also have a secret recipe for the ancient and powerful RAINBOW PIXIE DUST! The recipe is a secret, but you can try rainbow dust out (just make sure it's hidden).

Well, if you do experiment with magic this summer, there's a badge for that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camp alchemy.jpg (34.9 KB, 8 views)