Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Hollow (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Future Tinkerbell Movies? (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15010)

tinker406TWO 12-13-2013 12:28 AM

Future Tinkerbell Movies?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post in but that's all I can think of!

This thread is basically about discussing the Tinkerbell movies in the future. Here is a list of the movies that have been released and their dates:

Tinkerbell (original)-2008
Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure-2009
Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue-2010
Pixie Hollow Games-2011
Secret of the Wings-2012

Here is the Pirate Fairy and it's release date:

The Pirate Fairy-2014

Here are some of the future movies that are unknown about but are rumored about:

Legends of the Neverbeast
Tinkerbell and the Ring of Belief

Any other movies that might be released in the future?

glitter8pony 12-13-2013 01:52 AM

I heard that Legend of the Never Beast has been canceled, and The Ring of Belief was an idea for the first Tinkerbell movie, but got changed.

Cornflower 12-13-2013 02:00 AM

Tinkerbell and the Ring of Belief was actually supposed to be the first Tinkerbell movie. I saw a video of an anamatic of it and it was was supposed to be in the first Tinkerbell movie, which I am glad it wasn't. It was very sad. :(

Spoiler for Tinkerbell and the Ring of Belief Anamatic:

Jenny Hollybell 12-13-2013 02:53 AM

Oh yeah, they're discontinuing the Tinkerbell series :( So sad!! They were really great! I have seen that anamatic! I didn't really understand it at first. I kinda wish they still made it separate cause I sorta wanna see it! :Teasing:

tinker406TWO 12-13-2013 08:41 PM

Discontinuing?!?!?!?!?!? :Shocked: Why? First Pixie Hollow, and now the Tinkerbell movies gone? Maybe I should move to Pixie Hollow and get away with it! (just joking)

I hope that thing you heard was a false rumor Jenny! I also wonder what the next movie will be if there is one! If there isn't, I might find a way to time travel back to the time where Pixie Hollow was open and participate in some events, or get a fairy godmother.

Twinklesky 12-13-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonstone (Post 266045)
Well it sounds like the 6th Tinker Bell film will be the final one.
Disney Toon Studios has canceled production on the 7th & 8th films so they can focus on producing Planes.
Apparently the franchise isn't selling as well as it used to.

You can read more about it in this blog post here: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.c...diz-toons.html

Unfortunately, it's not a rumor. No more Tinker Bell movies after the 6th one. I think Legend of the Neverbeast will still be the sixth film, though. And if it is, I can't wait for it, either.

And it's a shame they didn't make The Ring of Belief; it sounds really interesting, although I am also glad they didn't make it the first movie, or else I would have been sobbing really hard.

Daisybelle 12-13-2013 09:32 PM

:Shocked: I can't believe this is happening!! Is it true? What next? They are going to close the who Disney Fairies franchise? :Angry::Scared:
I hope the thought about the last movie is not true. I am going to do more research on this.........just to make sure.

Foxfeather 12-15-2013 07:32 AM

Cancelled films:
In addition to the six feature-length Tinker Bell films, Disney also had plans for a seventh and an eighth film. Both films were cancelled in October 2013, during the production on the seventh film, reportedly due to declining DVD sales and disappointing merchandise sales.:Sad:

Pixie Hollow Bake Off-
A six-minute short film, titled Pixie Hollow Bake Off, aired in the United Kingdom on October 20, 2013, on Disney Channel. Lisa Faulkner provided a voice for a baking fairy named Gelata.:Cake:

That is what I saw on a Wiki under Tinkerbell movies.

Did anyone see the Bake off film?

just found this:
Steve Hulett wrote:
The start of the week, word reached us that there was some ground-shifting at Disney Toon Studios in Glendale, so I motored over to check it out. And it seems the rumors reaching us were true: The curtain seems to be coming down on the Tinker Bell franchise.

"They told us the middle of last week that they won't be making Tinker Bells #7 & #8. It came out of the blue, really. We were working on #7, and production told us it was being shut down. The manager I talked to said sales of DVDs had slowed down and the merchandise wasn't selling as strongly as they wanted.

"The company's giving us two and a half more weeks, and lots of people have taken the time off since there's nothing to work on. After that, they're going to make some final decisions about staff and what happens to everyone. It's crappy, but that's the way it goes in the animation business. Nothing goes on forever."

Tinker Bell #6, still in work, will be completed. The staff now working on Planes is unaffected, but it looks like a lot of the Tink crew won't be kept on.

A Disney staffer told me this morning (October 18th) that Planes 3 is back in story work. So I guess there is a lot of analysis, reflection and revamping going on at Diz Toon Studios.

For the moment, they're still working on Tink shorts. But nobody knows how long that will last. Don't know about TV product.

I asked about other franchises in development. (They might be tucked away somewhere, but I haven't seen any.) Nobody I talked to is aware of anything. I observed that it would be a swift idea to have other projects in work, but an artist said to me:

"That's not what Disney Toon Studios is about. We do series franchises. Tinker Bell was one of the franchises."

I still think it's a good idea to be developing other feature ideas, even if Disney Toons assignment is doing cheaper spin-offs. But who knows if they will? Is doing Planes 3,4, and 5 enough?

carolite 12-16-2013 02:12 AM

What!? No more tinkerbell after the sixth movie?! I guess this means pixie hollow won't come back for a long, long time.

Jenny Hollybell 12-16-2013 03:22 AM

We need to figure out a way to get the Tinkerbell Franchise popular again... -Sigh- :(

Olivia Diamondsky 12-16-2013 03:35 AM

I just can't imagine life without Tinkerbelle????? What's to become of her?? She is an Icon Just What's WRONG with Disney anyway?? I don't get it!!!

popcorn1234 12-16-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxfeather
The company's giving us two and a half more weeks, and lots of people have taken the time off since there's nothing to work on.

wait, WHAT?!
Two and a half more weeks to work on... both... movies? And...
Ok, I'm just confused. First, is "Tinker Bell #6" The Pirate Fairy or Legend of the Never Beast? Does The Pixie Hollow Games count as a movie? And why is there only 2 more weeks since the post to work on The Pirate Fairy (and Legend?), yet it's coming to theaters in February (and DVD/Blu-Ray on April Fools Day, which I'm still miffed about. I'm sorry, but I just am)?
This just isn't making much sense for me. Is anyone else lost and confused?

Foxfeather 12-16-2013 07:44 AM

also I was in the Disney store a few weeks ago and there was nothing, I mean NOTHING with Tink or fairies on it. No shirt or stickers. Nothing. I could not believe it. I don't think the cars thing or penguins will last. Those kids will grow out of it and old stuff will not be popular with the newest kids but Tink is always there even if you grow up. I don't see boys growing up and still playing Cars.
Disney has nothing to last but a season or so now.

StormyLightningberry 12-16-2013 02:47 PM

I can see clearly now that the rain is gone

Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorn1234 (Post 269827)
wait, WHAT?!
Two and a half more weeks to work on... both... movies? And...
Ok, I'm just confused. First, is "Tinker Bell #6" The Pirate Fairy or Legend of the Never Beast? Does The Pixie Hollow Games count as a movie? And why is there only 2 more weeks since the post to work on The Pirate Fairy (and Legend?), yet it's coming to theaters in February (and DVD/Blu-Ray on April Fools Day, which I'm still miffed about. I'm sorry, but I just am)?
This just isn't making much sense for me. Is anyone else lost and confused?

I think 6 is Pirate Fairy.

I thought it meant that the person who wrote it is saying that after two and a half weeks, they have to look for new jobs. And in the meantime, they are not expected to finish anything on movies AFTER Pirate Fairy. So "two and a half weeks" to work on neither 7 nor 8. They will finish Pirate Fairy.

Stormy Lightningberry

Night Wish 12-16-2013 11:05 PM

Nope, Legend of the Neverbeast is the sixth film, which means it'll be the last one. I hope they do a good conclusion for it!
1 Tinker Bell
2 Lost Treasure
3 Great Fairy Rescue
4 Secret of the Wings
5 Pirate Fairy
6 Legend of the Neverbeast.

Pixie Hollow Games was a TV thing, not a feature length film, so it doesn't count. That makes Legend of the Neverbeast the sixth and last movie. It'll be so sad to say goodbye to the Disney Fairies series... especially with Pixie Hollow gone. :Sad: