Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Articles (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   PHF Moving Forward (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14777)

Zilly 09-25-2013 12:24 PM

PHF Moving Forward

We're not going anywhere!

With the recent closure of Toontown Online, Pixie Hollow, and Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and any plans for reopening being off in the future, the administrators have had to make some difficult decisions. Do we change? To what? When? What will we be rated?

We'd like to announce that we know the answers to those questions now. Wednesday October 16th the ToontownCentral.com site will be taken offline. Don't panic! We will reopen Friday October 18th as MMOCentralForums.com. The current URL will continue to redirect for some time. We'll warn you before it stops. Additionally, MMOCentralForums.com will condense most of our current sites into one. All DisneysOnlineWorlds sites except PixieHollowForums.com will be archived.

MMOCentralForums? What will that do?
MMOCentralForums won't be built around a single game. We will be offering forums for a wide variety of games along with the off topic and creative areas our members enjoy. There will also be forums geared towards specific age groups, which we will explain more when the site reopens. A few other surprises are in store!
What happens to my account?
All current TTC accounts will remain active. You will log in with your username and password just like you do now. Your contact list will be there, all images, all posts, reputation... Nothing will change. If you are a member of another site it will be necessary to register on the current www.ToontownCentral.com. We will be transferring all subscriptions (and a few other account perks as well!) from each archived site to the new MMOCentralForums.com. PixieHollowForums.com members will not need to do anything unless you'd like to join the new site as well.
What will these new forums be rated?
After a lot of thought and debate we have elected to remain G-rated with a few changes. Think of it as G+. The family friendly nature of our site is an important part of who we are. We will be posting an updated version of our policies to illustrate these changes.
What do you mean "other sites will be archived."
The current site will be closed and a redirect will be created. Those posts will be read-only. All images will also be saved. It will be necessary to create a new account on the TTC site. Unfortunately that is unavoidable. However, we will still maintain a scaled down forum for those sites on MMOCentralForums.com. You will not lose a place to talk about a game you loved!

I'm part of a clan, what will happen to that?
The decision to stay open or close will be made by your current clan leaders. At this time we have no plans to close any clans.

Obviously, these are only the basics of our plans and what's in store. We have decided to make these changes so that we are more adaptable within the changing world of gaming. We are open to suggestions and ideas. We'll be different, but we hope you'll continue to call us home.

StormyLightningberry 09-25-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilly (Post 263821)
We're not going anywhere!

We'd like to announce that we know the answers to those questions now. Wednesday October 16th the ToontownCentral.com site will be taken offline. Don't panic! We will reopen Friday October 18th as MMOCentralForums.com. The current URL will continue to redirect for some time. We'll warn you before it stops. Additionally, MMOCentralForums.com will condense most of our current sites into one. All DisneysOnlineWorlds sites except PixieHollowForums.com will be archived.

I am worried I read this paragraph wrong, with respect to Pixie Hollow Forums. If Pixie Hollow Forums site won't be archived, does that (eek) mean that old posts will be deleted?

Or does it mean that Pixie Hollow Forums will be completely unchanged?

Anxiously,
Stormy Lightningberry

RiverLunaMorningvalley 09-25-2013 12:42 PM

This could be really fun! However, I have a few questions:

• Would the only way to sign up be to register on ToonTown Forums or can we sign up once the sites are merged?

• Would Pixie Hollow Forums be included in that big site or are we only on this site?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this!

~ Luna :PHFLily:

McKenzieO1 09-25-2013 01:19 PM

Okay, this is super exciting news! and I believe pulling us all together to stand strong "As One, is a wonderful idea and decision and certainly it will help many.

:emoticon-object-062

As I ponder on my thoughts as to any suggestions or ideas on how to make this a better experience as we will be moving forward into a much larger G+ rated community, I would also like to know how a "Paid Membership, will work. You can count me in on the donations effort to help maintain/ keep the site running -> Possibly forever! :sign0011: lol!

Hey, a person can dream, right? Never let go of your dreams!

:tiere054: ~Toons :Tink&Globe: ~Fairies :ss_pirate_ship: ~Pirates

glitter8pony 09-25-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverLunaMorningvalley (Post 263823)
This could be really fun! However, I have a few questions:

• Would Pixie Hollow Forums be included in that big site or are we only on this site?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this!

~ Luna :PHFLily:

Thats what I wanna know too? Will Pixie Hollow Forums still be open, or is it being merged into the bigger site too?

Batleth 09-25-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry (Post 263822)
I am worried I read this paragraph wrong, with respect to Pixie Hollow Forums. If Pixie Hollow Forums site won't be archived, does that (eek) mean that old posts will be deleted?

Or does it mean that Pixie Hollow Forums will be completely unchanged

PHF will remain unchanged for now. Nothing will be deleted or lost. See below for further explanation.

Quote:

• Would the only way to sign up be to register on ToonTown Forums or can we sign up once the sites are merged?

Unfortunately, we can't transfer registrations or profiles from the other sites to TTC. Anyone wishing to join TTC will have to register again there.
Quote:

For now, PHF will remain open. It is a fairly active site even after the game has closed. We will be monitoring it's progress. There are some other pixie and fairy type games out there that could still be discussed.

If the site lapses to the point where there are very few posts and/or traffic by it's members, we may consider merge/archiving it to TTC as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKenzieO1 (Post 263825)
I would also like to know how a "Paid Membership, will work. You can count me in on the donations effort to help maintain/ keep the site running -> Possibly forever!

If you create a new account on TTC soon to be MCF, then send drop me a PM. I can transfer your subscriptions here on PHF to TTC without any loss of time or anything.

glitter8pony 09-25-2013 03:24 PM

Yay! Pixie Hollow Forums is staying open!

Silver LightflowerPH 09-25-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batleth (Post 263831)
PHF will remain unchanged for now. Nothing will be deleted or lost. See below for further explanation.

Unfortunately, we can't transfer registrations or profiles from the other sites to TTC. Anyone wishing to join TTC will have to register again there.
For now, PHF will remain open. It is a fairly active site even after the game has closed. We will be monitoring it's progress. There are some other pixie and fairy type games out there that could still be discussed.

If the site lapses to the point where there are very few posts and/or traffic by it's members, we may consider merge/archiving it to TTC as well.

If you create a new account on TTC soon to be MCF, then send drop me a PM. I can transfer your subscriptions here on PHF to TTC without any loss of time or anything.

WAIT what? Is PHF closing? Or no..? Im so confused.. I hope old posts stay so many memories stored in this one forum!

Zilly 09-25-2013 05:58 PM

There will be NO changes made to PHF at this time. However, if you would like to join the new site as well, simply register an account at www.toontowncentral.com. You can be a part of both sites.

popcorn1234 09-25-2013 06:01 PM

*sees title*
*panic*
*sees first line*
Oh, thank goodness! I thought we were really saying goodbye!
Also, I may join this new site, but I'll always be a member here! :PHHeart:

(And to all who are concerned: all the other sites will be merging, but PHF will still be separate, and will remain open. We're going to be fine, guys. :Happy:)

Riverbow 09-25-2013 06:17 PM

Ok, so does this mean that the Disney Online Worlds Guide for all things Pixie Hollow game-related (screen shots of meadows, etc) will be archived and not accessible via the links we use now, or will it remain unchanged and accessible after October?

Thanks!
Riverbow
:sigs-object-042:

Jenny Hollybell 09-25-2013 07:23 PM

I just went through the same emotions as Popcorn! :Laughing: Thank goodness this site isn't closing! I might have fainted right on the spot

Zilly 09-25-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverbow (Post 263854)
Ok, so does this mean that the Disney Online Worlds Guide for all things Pixie Hollow game-related (screen shots of meadows, etc) will be archived and not accessible via the links we use now, or will it remain unchanged and accessible after October?

Thanks!
Riverbow
:sigs-object-042:

The wiki will remain accessible as it is now.

Hazel Brightsparkle 09-25-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorn1234 (Post 263848)
*sees title*
*panic*
*sees first line*
Oh, thank goodness! I thought we were really saying goodbye!

That was my exact reaction! I had to read it a few times before understanding :Embarrassed:

It's a good thing I've been registered on TTC for a few months! Out of curiosity, what will happen to the Pirates Online Forums and Club Penguin Forums?

Night Wish 09-25-2013 10:22 PM

I'm really glad our forums will still be around (hopefully forever!) :Laughing: But I was wondering, can I sign up for the new merged site even if I've never been on Toontown, Pirates, or any of that?