Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pixie Hollow Map (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   meadow backgrounds (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14437)

Foxfeather 08-02-2013 09:29 PM

meadow backgrounds

Am I blind? The backgrounds in Snowcap and Evergreen and Acorn Summit have moving backgrounds of different meadows. Is this new or have I spent too much time in Treetop? They are similar to Chilly Falls where the ice palace is in another dimension.
Also Snowcap is decorated with banners and looks a little dark like Sparkler time.

Onionleaf 08-03-2013 02:35 AM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but every meadow has a "background meadow" that you can see in the distance. It can be quite frustrating when you're taking full meadow screenshots - they move around a LOT, or rather stay in one place while you move.

Sometimes they are even decorated! I remember that Palm Tree Cove often has ribbons and other hanging decorations strung between the trees, and the tree in Springtime Orchard was covered with clovers during last year's Spring Celebration.

Lila Starshine 08-03-2013 06:10 AM

I never really thought about how the two layers of each meadow move independently of one another. It's a little disconcerting if you're watching it for too long lol! :133:

Foxfeather 08-03-2013 06:49 AM

I guess I have been blinded by pixie dust all this time. I knew some meadows had a far away meadow behind them but I never noticed it in snowcap and evergreen. I don't really hang out there much.
Oh well, maybe I was tired yesterday and when things started to move, my mind went weird. LOL! :Teasing:
I do like the one in snowcap though. It's pretty.

Indigo Twinkleheart 08-03-2013 09:00 PM

I love how I am still discovering things about Pixie Hollow.

The latest thing I have noticed, and am trying to work out in my head, is that you can see the *neighboring* meadows in the "background" meadows... I wonder if the Disney people made a physical model of Pixie Hollow, the same way movie makers do when designing a set. With a model, you can then send a tiny camera into the set, and plan your shots.

*Twink*
:tinkerbell921:

Lila Starshine 08-04-2013 04:11 AM

I think the backgrounds are (digitally) painted more than rendered from a model...although a map like that may exist, all of the Hollow's gameplay is in 2D, so it might be what someone guessed or interpreted the view would be.

StormyLightningberry 08-04-2013 01:15 PM

Maquettes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lila Starshine (Post 257582)
I think the backgrounds are (digitally) painted more than rendered from a model...although a map like that may exist, all of the Hollow's gameplay is in 2D, so it might be what someone guessed or interpreted the view would be.

I read that Disney used maquettes (tiny sculptures) as an aid to animation all the way back to the 1930s. There are maquettes from the "Dance of the Hours" part of "Fantasia," which was a 2D animation. But that only shows that they might have used a sculpted map for Pixie Hollow. Who could we ask to find out whether they really did use a sculpted map?

Stormy

Night Wish 08-04-2013 09:53 PM

I actually like the fact that the meadows have two different designs, I think it looks really cool. Even when you randomly sit in midair it doesn't look like you're floating. :Laughing:

Amethyst Tulipwillow 08-05-2013 02:04 AM

Lagoon

Lagoon is larger, maybe Islands !