Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Guts (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Facebook Enabling is Gone? (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14046)

popcorn1234 05-25-2013 05:12 PM

Facebook Enabling is Gone?

I was on one of my fairies' options page in her Leaf Journal, when I noticed something missing:

Do you see the blank spot on the right side? There used to be an option that asked if you wanted to enable fb for your fairy, and it seems they've taken that away!
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Please note that this account is registered so that the "fb enable" option was available in the leaf journal--I just never had it turned on.

Sweet Cupcake 05-25-2013 05:15 PM

Yes, i noticed but i don't have idea why they removed the option.. :neutral:

Grace Moonglow 05-25-2013 05:29 PM

I'm not sure but......
My suspicion is that they cannot have a Facebook option,
then turn around and BAN people for daring to even mention any other "unsafe" websites!! :Teasing:

Maybe they finally realized the hypocrisy of it all? :Innocent:

Than again, maybe it's just a glitch?

:witchani:
muahahaha!

popcorn1234 05-25-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace Moonglow (Post 250291)
Maybe they finally realized the hypocrisy of it all? :Innocent:

:witchani:
muahahaha!

I hope so--that was the one part of the introduction of integrating fb with the Hollow that I could never understand.

Twinklesky 05-25-2013 06:11 PM

I'm kind of glad it's gone... Facebook and a game aimed at children don't really go together, in my opinion. And yes, those Facebook prompts were very hypocritical.

nevaeh 05-25-2013 06:43 PM

The FB sharing thing never worked for me, anyways. And, yeah, it was pretty pointless.

Hazel Brightsparkle 05-25-2013 07:23 PM

I only had this option on one of my fairies, I believe. Thankfully, the one that it was on was one I don't fly on normally. Hazel has never had this, thank goodness! Yes, I do see what you're saying about FB and Pixie Hollow. They really do clash! To join Facebook, you have to be at least thirteen years or older. Pixie Hollow is aimed to entertain young girls, certainly not old enough to have a Facebook account (though it does attract all ages!). I don't have a Facebook, but if I did, I wouldn't want to post pointless pictures of my fairy. :Innocent:

Onionleaf 05-26-2013 04:09 AM

I noticed it was missing some time after 15 May, when they removed the Weekly Membership option. I thought it was a bug at first, but it seems that they have no intention of bringing it back (I hope so, at least!). I've never used the FB option and disabled it as soon as it was released, so I definitely won't be missing it. :p

Littlebell 06-09-2013 11:50 AM

interesting. i'd actually like to see them bring it back, if they can figure out how to let us post as a "page" and not just a "profile". i've seen a few sites that support it. :Happy: