Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Physical Items Archive (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   New DS fairy game (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5721)

Buttercup PollenPuff 06-11-2010 11:36 PM

New DS fairy game

Disney announced the next Tinker Bell DS game! I am so excited and I really really hope it's better than the last game! Check out the screen shots here: http://disney.go.com/fairies/products/videogames.html

Reading the info for the games is not recommended unless you don't care about the possible spoilers. That said, I highlighted two important items you might want to know about.

Fly into fairy camp with Tinker Bell for the very first time and team up with all your fairy friends to bring summer to the English Countryside!
It's the day after the Great Fairy Rescue and there is much to do to bring Summer to the Mainland! Create your very own fairy and fly into Fairy Camp. The Minister of Summer has a very special task for you — to find and grow the rare Rainbow Lily for this year's End-of-Summer Celebration! Interact with Lizzy, then team up with your fairy friends to bring each of the six rare lilies to Fairy Camp. Complete quests, play mini-games and adventure through the Mainland to capture the Rainbow Lily before Summer is over!
• Customize your fairy avatar - Select from five fairy talents and customize your fairy's facial features, hair style, outfits and accessories
• Team up with your fairy friends - Tinker Bell, Silvermist, Iridessa, Rosetta, Fawn and Vidia - in six action-adventures
• Connect to all the fun in PixieHollow.com - Download your fairies from PixieHollow.com to the English Countryside on the Nintendo DS. Send postcards from Fairy Camp to friends in PixieHollow.com. Upload gatherables from the English Countryside to PixieHollow.com
• Create new fairy outfits - Select from over 260 clothing items and accessories
• Compete in 30 mini-games - Explore the mainland in various quests, time-based minigames, puzzles and crafts

From another site:

"Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue takes players outside of Pixie Hollow for the first time in this exciting franchise,” said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “Fans will be able to experience the excitement of Summer on the Mainland and team up with fairy friends in this all new action-adventure.”

Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue, expands on the forthcoming movie in which Tinker Bell meets Lizzy, a little girl with a steadfast belief in the magic of fairies. Determined to mend the girl’s relationship with her distant father, Tink stays with her new human friend – risking her own safety and the future of fairykind.

In the game, players fly into Fairy camp to help bring summer to the English Countryside. It’s up to the player to team up with their fairy friends and complete 6 action-levels throughout the English Countryside to find and grow the rare Rainbow Lily in time for the End-of-Summer celebration. Using different fairy skills and talents, fans will partake in a variety of quests, solve puzzles, participate in arts and crafts and complete over 25 mini-games, including baking and cookie decorating.

Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue offers exciting new interconnectivity with the Pixie Hollow virtual world. Players can either create and customize a fairy avatar in the DS game with over 260 items and send it to the virtual world, or they can create a fairy avatar in the virtual world and send it to the English Countryside in their DS game.They will also be able to upload items and even send postcards from Fairy camp to friends on PixieHollow.com.

Also included in Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue is DGamer, the online community exclusive to Disney gamers on Nintendo DS, allowing players to connect with others and unlock additional items in their DS game.

Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue will be available this September for Nintendo DS.

:PHFButtercup: BPP :PHFButtercup:

Twilight 06-11-2010 11:43 PM

Thanks for the info Buttercup! The game sounds like soooo much fun. I love playing the first Tinker Bell on my ds. So I can not wait to get this one.

http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/for...ictureid=19597

Bug 06-12-2010 02:25 AM

This sounds so cool! Did you notice on our PH site they mentioned SIX Talents to choose from for your fairy also!!! I wonder which talent they will add, maybe fast flying since Vidia is a main player in this DS game!!! It will be cool to take our PH fairies & upload to the game also fun fun fun!! Sorry only FIVE Talents I did read it wrong, Bummer!! I am sorry!

Dreamer4012 06-12-2010 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil LadyBug (Post 77931)
This sounds so cool! Did you notice on our PH site they mentioned SIX Talents to choose from for your fairy also!!! I wonder which talent they will add, maybe fast flying since Vidia is a main player in this DS game!!! It will be cool to take our PH fairies & upload to the game also fun fun fun!!

Hey Bug - Where did you see the part about SIX talents? Was trying to see if they hinted toward something :Wink:

Buttercup PollenPuff 06-12-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer4012 (Post 77941)
Hey Bug - Where did you see the part about SIX talents? Was trying to see if they hinted toward something :Wink:

Yeah I didn't see that either. After checking again, it clearly states "Select from five fairy talents" and then says "in six action-adventures ." I think maybe Bug confused the two parts.

Hemico124 06-12-2010 07:20 PM

thx for the info! I will try to win that science fair so i can go to somewhere else and got free money to buy this new game!

Miranda_Flora 06-12-2010 08:04 PM

Thanks for the information, Buttercup Flutterbutter. I didn't know that they will open a new DS Nintendo Game (Tinkerbell and The Great Fairies Rescue) It so excited for both. We get to see the movie and play a new magical DS Nintendo. Hum..It sound so interesting because I never play a DS Nintendo yet. Espically, having awesome costume. I think they will add more DS Fashion in Shops such as; Summit Style or Gale's Outfitners.

Have a Fun Summer,
:Sunflower: Miranda.
:Sunflower:

Violet Merryvale 06-12-2010 09:27 PM

This is much better than the other way around! However, that said, I have never found a hotspot that supported nintendo and don't have a way to do it at home. I am not going to get special additional equipment just for a game. So-Sigh-guess that lets Violet Merryvale out of the game unless they have improved how to connect the DS!

VM

Buttercup PollenPuff 06-12-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMFairiesBest123 (Post 77986)
Thanks for the information, Buttercup Flutterbutter..

Who? :Teasing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet Merryvale (Post 78001)
However, that said, I have never found a hotspot that supported nintendo and don't have a way to do it at home.
VM

I've never figured out how to do that either. Of course I stopped trying since I wasn't that interested in flying a fairy out of the DS, but now that I can fly one in!!! I am gonna figure this out for sure!!!

Miranda_Flora 06-12-2010 11:18 PM

:Embarrassed: Oops! Sorry, I meant Buttercup Pollenpuff :Embarrassed:

Bug 06-12-2010 11:32 PM

I called the DS help line when I got my DS & they were very helpful in getting me able to connect :)

Joehhy 07-16-2010 05:32 PM

I'm going to have to find out how to connect my DS because this game sounds really cool! :D

JovialOne 07-16-2010 07:24 PM

I went to a video game store and.....

The clerk said the game comes out Sept. 21st

Of course those dates can always change:GrossedOut: Looks to be real close to the release of the movie. I'm super excited about being able to upload our fairies from the Hollow!!! I never really played the DS games cause I spend too much time in the Hollow:Laughing:. But being able to bring my fairies with me in my car? Lunch breaks just got cooler.

Breezy lemonwind 07-16-2010 10:38 PM

Thanks for the update! I will be sure to go out and buy one. It sounds like it is going to be fun.

Julie Roseblossom 07-18-2010 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet Merryvale (Post 78001)
This is much better than the other way around! However, that said, I have never found a hotspot that supported nintendo and don't have a way to do it at home. I am not going to get special additional equipment just for a game. So-Sigh-guess that lets Violet Merryvale out of the game unless they have improved how to connect the DS!
VM

Actually, I ALMOST got connected with the second game. We have a wireless internet connection, and so I can simply connect from just about anywhere in the house. Unfortunately, my DS happens to be very particular about where I hold it. If I hold it in the wrong place, won't connect. :Laughing:

What I did was I went into the "Setup Nintendo Wi-fi," and then I set it up to recognize our internet connection. After the internet test, however.... it decided to be stubborn and wouldn't load :Teasing:

I can't wait for this to come out. I very well might just download Julie and my other fairies to my DS instead of making new ones :Happy: