Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fixed (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Error communicating with the server (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3946)

wise_jake 10-04-2009 01:50 AM

Error communicating with the server

I hope someone can help. My wife and I bought the Pixie Hollow Clickables Fairy Jewelry Box for our daughter, for her birthday a few weeks ago. She still has not been able to use it.

I set up her account the very first night, but was unable to download the executable (the Pixie Hollow program). I eventually found an email address for support, sent an email, and received a direct URL from which to download the program.

After installing the program, I entered my daughter's Account ID and Password at the login screen, clicked the Sign In leaf, and then received the following error message:

Quote:

Oops! There has been an error communicating *** the server. Please, contact customer support.
Well, actually I was trying to upload a JPG image of the error msg, but keep getting the following Upload Error:

pixie_hollow_error.jpg exceeds your quota by 22.9 KB

The "Manage Attachments" page lists the Max Filesize for jpg images as 293.0 KB but my "pixie_hollow_error.jpg" image is only 71.6 KB so I don't know why I'm getting the error that my image exceeds the 293 B limit.

Mommy 2 Jules 10-04-2009 07:12 PM

My guess would be that you could not connect yesterday to the server because of the issues PH is having. Try again shortly is the only advice I can offer.

As for the image size, I am not sure. However, I remember entering text for a contest they were running months ago and it said you were allowed 5,000 characters when in fact it only accepts 1,000. Um, that's a huge difference! I had to edit down my entry and it magically accepted it after that. So perhaps, and this is just guessing here, the upload image limit says one thing but is really less?

Good luck,

~ Em

Violet Merryvale 10-04-2009 09:59 PM

I also had a similar problem. It was actually a bad bracelet. So maybe if you exchange the jewelry box it will work. In my case I added the bracelet, but then it wouldn't recognize it. Hoping a second might work better? Good luck.

VM

PS I used the link to the program on Pixie Hollow to download the clickables program. You didn't mention what computer you have, but clickables is not Mac compatible and I had to use my Husband's PC.

wise_jake 10-05-2009 07:18 PM

Thank you both for your answers. I will try again tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet Merryvale (Post 53730)
I also had a similar problem. It was actually a bad bracelet. So maybe if you exchange the jewelry box it will work. In my case I added the bracelet, but then it wouldn't recognize it. Hoping a second might work better? Good luck.

I hope that's not it! :-D
Quote:

PS I used the link to the program on Pixie Hollow to download the clickables program. You didn't mention what computer you have, but clickables is not Mac compatible and I had to use my Husband's PC.
Laptop running WinXP

FairyTL 10-05-2009 08:25 PM

I was also on the clickables window yesterday trying to add fairy points, but because it seemed like the entire, disney.com log in system wasn't working, the clickables weren't working either. I tried it later on that evening and everything went smoothly. I would suggest to try it again.