Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   PHF's Official Contest and Competitions (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Create A Holiday - March Contest (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16369)

Joan 03-08-2017 01:08 AM

Create A Holiday - March Contest

http://www.mmocentralforums.com/gall...HF_Banner1.png

Have you ever noticed there are so many holidays
Some are large and celebrated around the world
Some are small and celebrated in a region and
Some are silly and make you laugh!

Now it's your turn to make a holiday
It could be something you wish was celebrated in real life
or something that would be the perfect addition to you gaming world.

Tell us the name, the date and possibly the origin but
Especially tell us how it would be celebrated!

Now just like always there is a deadline and just like always you can be reasonable sure this thread will be up a day or two after the deadline :smiley23:
But if you want to make sure you earn this award

http://www.mmocentralforums.com/gall...Award_PHF1.png
Post your Holiday before you go to bed on March 31st

Alyce Natalie 03-14-2017 04:04 PM

Onionleaf 03-19-2017 03:27 AM

Ooh, this is neat! Coming from a tinker-talent fairy :Wink: my idea for a holiday would be to celebrate all the small (sometimes ridiculously so) inventions that humans have created throughout history. From paper clips to hairpins, pockets and teabags - the list is endless, yet we give it little thought in our daily lives. Some countries already celebrate this day, often it's the birthday of a famous inventor from that country. Many inventors, however, are still overlooked even on this day. So let's have a day when we can thank all the crazy inventors, as they were brave enough to step outside the boundaries and create something new and meaningful for everyone. :TinkerTalent:

Foxfeather 03-19-2017 12:37 PM

it would be a holiday called All Creatures Great and Small Day.
We could celebrate by patting or being nice to a creature or give a treat or adopt one. Just be nice to a creature any size or style.:Squirrel::Insect1:

Twilight 03-26-2017 09:35 PM

Kindness Day! :Happy:
I just think with everything going on in the world today, we all could use a little
random kindness. Someone compliments you, pays for your drink, holds a
door open, picks something up that you dropped and then you pass it on.
I think as The Beatles say "All you need is Love", a little kindness can go
a long way.

And another thought, Creativity Day.
Where in different cities fairs are held
for people to show off there handmade items, everything sewing, painting,
drawing, wood making, anything that you make yourself.
They can be put up for
sale or trade.

~Twi

p.s. love everyone's ideas, Twilight would love to celebrate all of these days in Pixie Hollow

Primrosesweet 03-27-2017 11:34 PM

Well, it would be great, if there was a day. :Laughing:

A Traditional Bake Day.

Where everyone remembered the traditional dishes that either their family, or their country, used to make. A time to bake and cook all those old recipes that our forefathers and our ancestors used to do.

(I actually really like this idea... And if it was a part of a festival or fair... :yes: let's do this.)

Mommy 2 Jules 03-30-2017 12:52 PM

There seems to be a special day for just about everything nowadays, so I had a difficult time thinking of something original. I finally decided that we need a day to celebrate my favorite food -- lasagna! Haha! I hope that it does not already exist, but if it does, I've been missing out. :Embarrassed:

~ Em

Joan 03-31-2017 02:06 AM

I love, love, love making crafts sadly, crafting always takes a backseat to responsibilities.

If I made a holiday it would be National Crafting Day!!!

I would spend the day just making fun crafts using my beloved Cricut machine and all the items I have bought, but sadly are collecting dust, from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, A.C. Moore and JoAnn's!

Twilight 03-31-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan (Post 313699)
I love, love, love making crafts sadly, crafting always takes a backseat to responsibilities.

If I made a holiday it would be National Crafting Day!!!

I would spend the day just making fun crafts using my beloved Cricut machine and all the items I have bought, but sadly are collecting dust, from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, A.C. Moore and JoAnn's!

Oh my goodness I have found a fellow Cricut Lover! I have had mine for about a year and a half and absolutely love it. I mainly make cards for all occasions and some holiday decorations for around the house. I would gladly join in on a
Crafting Day myself.

~Twi

Joan 04-02-2017 10:42 PM

So many fun and creative holidays. Maybe one will become a reality and then we will all celebrate because it started here!!