Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Hollow (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Favorite Foods (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15930)

kass101 04-07-2015 02:25 PM

Favorite Foods

:PinkCake::Smores::Popcorn: Food :Teacup::Cupcake::PurpleCake:
We need it to live and function.
For years, food has been a major part of our culture.
Different countries and places come with different dishes...
...but most of all...
It's a thing most of us get side-tracked and talk about!
Many of our usernames are based around food items,
we even have a thread dedicated to baking cookies.
Food it pretty great, so I was wondering some things.
Out of all the things you have
ever tasted, eaten, devoured, drank, etc...
What is your favorite food?
And don't be so bland (pun intended), be specific!

My answer:
This is very hard on me to choose one.
But, I will.
I personally believe the best food in the world is cookie dough.
Don't bake it, :AcornCookie: you'll ruin it- I just want the cold mushy cookie dough.
Want to put it in ice cream? Even better!

Mommy 2 Jules 04-07-2015 04:09 PM

Lasagna! I am a HUGE fan of cheese. My lasagna has to be ooey-gooey, dripping with cheese, stuffed with loads of meat within those delectable layers of pasta. Yeah, I think I could eat it every day.

(BTW, great thread, Kass!)

~ Em

Lemonyfairy44 04-07-2015 05:43 PM

Hmm I wonder what my favorite food is..... I don't know it's a really tough decision. Perhaps lemons. They seem to do a great job of being in foods and drinks. ( Favorite food food is pasta I just love the cheese and the sauce ) Yum!

( Lemons are a food just not usually a food food )

Rainbowswirls 04-07-2015 07:21 PM

Oh my! Such a hard decision! I think I'll have to say vanilla ice cream & pumpkin flavored frozen yogurt. Sorry, I can't pick one.

Primrosesweet 04-07-2015 07:58 PM

Cold cookie dough is Amazing (even better than just raw!)! That probably ties with Colkannon for my favorite foods.

And yes, just one food doesn't cut it. xD

carolite 04-07-2015 08:09 PM

Favorite food, huh? Well, let's say it's a long list for me. One of them is mushrooms. Mushrooms are awesome! I haven't tried stuffed mushrooms yet.

Of course Lemony, it's obvious what you'd say. Lemons. :Laughing:

Lemonyfairy44 04-07-2015 11:54 PM

Carolite what on earth what ever make you think that saying lemons is obvious?

Rainbowswirls 04-08-2015 12:27 AM

I'm guessing she said that because you're the lemon queen, Lemony. . .

Onionleaf 04-08-2015 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kass101 (Post 302676)
Many of our usernames are based around food items,

You got us there. :Innocent: Unfortunately my favourite food isn't onions but I don't mind them when they're used in recipes.

If we're talking about desserts, then I'd pick the classic choice: Chocolate. Not the sickly sweet kind, but the dark smooth chocolate that makes any dessert so much more delicious or can be eaten by itself.

In terms of meals, it's hard to pick just one or two as often I'd want something different every day. However, most Russian cuisine makes my mouth water, like Kotlety (meatballs), Olivier salad and Borsch. At the moment though, I'd simply love a plate of cauliflower, covered in flour then fried on a saucepan. I can eat it at any time and it will still be delicious!

popcorn1234 04-08-2015 02:42 AM

Oh jingles, I wonder what it could be... :Teasing:

Yes, popcorn is one of my favorite foods. At the time that I joined this forum, I had only ever tried microwaved popcorn, and for that I loved my Jumbo Butter bags I'd hoard to myself. Since receiving an air popper for my birthday, I now hate the taste of microwaved popcorn and loved my white corn popped-kernels loaded with as much melted butter as possible.
Although let me walk past a cart selling kettle corn and I will buy the biggest bag they have even if I'm not hungry--because normal and leftover kettle corn is amazing. :Happy:

But I did say it was one of my favorite foods, and the other winners of the "favorite foods" competition for me is generally handed off to pastas. Being a picky eater since... well, forever; I had a very specific set of foods that I liked. For a long time, the list was mainly comprised of a few pastas--cooked specially--and chicken nuggets. :Innocent: Cheese-stuffed ravioli and tortellini, as well as angel-hair spaghetti have stood the test of time, coated with marinara "flavored with meat" sauce and given a whole ton of melted cheese.

Great thread Kass! You're making me drool! :Laughing:

kass101 04-10-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy 2 Jules (Post 302683)
Lasagna! I am a HUGE fan of cheese. My lasagna has to be ooey-gooey, dripping with cheese, stuffed with loads of meat within those delectable layers of pasta. Yeah, I think I could eat it every day.

Lasagna is a common favorite food in my household.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemonyfairy44 (Post 302687)
( Favorite food food is pasta I just love the cheese and the sauce )

Oh I forgot about pasta...
I also love pasta. It's such a customizable dish, it's hard not to love it! I like mine with lots of parmesan cheese!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls (Post 302710)
Oh my! Such a hard decision! I think I'll have to say vanilla ice cream & pumpkin flavored frozen yogurt. Sorry, I can't pick one.

They make pumpkin fro-yo?
Well, I guess there's a frozen yogurt for everything. I need to try that someday...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onionleaf (Post 302785)
If we're talking about desserts, then I'd pick the classic choice: Chocolate. Not the sickly sweet kind, but the dark smooth chocolate that makes any dessert so much more delicious or can be eaten by itself.

:easterchild:

Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorn1234 (Post 302786)
But I did say it was one of my favorite foods, and the other winners of the "favorite foods" competition for me is generally handed off to pastas. Being a picky eater since... well, forever; I had a very specific set of foods that I liked. For a long time, the list was mainly comprised of a few pastas--cooked specially--and chicken nuggets. :Innocent: Cheese-stuffed ravioli and tortellini, as well as angel-hair spaghetti have stood the test of time, coated with marinara "flavored with meat" sauce and given a whole ton of melted cheese.

Great thread Kass! You're making me drool! :Laughing:

Mmm...pasta... I like dinosaur chicken nuggets best

You guys have vivid descriptions when it comes to food! I could picture a lot of your foods in my head... *mouth waters*
Along with that, many of you seem to love pasta...
I'm beginning to think "PHF" stands for "Pasta Hungry Fairies!" :Laughing:

_Stormy_ 04-10-2015 03:25 PM

Oh my, I have so many favorite foods but my most favorite would definitely have to be Chinese food! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and supper every day! My runner up favorite food would have to be spaghetti and garlic bread.

You wouldn't believe how hungry reading this thread has made me! :Laughing:

Rainbowswirls 04-10-2015 09:02 PM

Kass, I know that they have the pumpkin fro-yo at a yogurt place in my town, but it's seasonal.
Talking about lasagna reminds me of the Garfield Show.

carolite 04-10-2015 11:02 PM

It's so ironic that there's a culinary art advertisement on top of this thread.:Laughing:

Lily Snowfleck 04-11-2015 12:06 AM

Thankfully it is about time for me to have dinner! :D When including deserts, my favorite food is Strawberry Cake— Not just any Strawberry Cake, but a specific one made at Publix! I looove that cake! :Laughing: If we're talking about real food though, I think I'd have to go with Mexican food, especially the spicy kind!