Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shops, Tailors, Bakeries & Tinkering (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Prism's Pixie Spa (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13562)

Sweet Cupcake 03-13-2013 07:35 PM

Prism's Pixie Spa

Welcome to Prism and the new Pixie Spa!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52499140/new%20shop.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52499140/a/map2dddd.png

The new shop was added
March 13, 2013
Pixie Standard Time 12:20 pm

In the shop you can change:

- Wings (shape and wing colors, the colors depend of your talent)
- Face expressions and skin colors
- Eye colors

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52499140/Imagen%2015.png

The members can buy with ingredients and diamonds and non members just with diamonds.

Are you excited? What you think about?

lillyfairy 03-13-2013 07:39 PM

I wonder if this means there will be fewer choices in the "create a fairy" stuff. They took away most of the hair before, now that you can buy/change all the other features I hope they don't reduce the other choices too :(

_Stormy_ 03-13-2013 07:42 PM

I am very disappointed about the new shop. Our fairies are unique and one of a kind and I will not change my fairies faces or eye color. I remember a thread a while back about a spa and the NC told her that they wouldn't do it because our fairies are one of a kind. I wonder why they had a change of heart?

_Maggie_ 03-13-2013 07:47 PM

I agree with Stormy. I wouldn't change Maggie's appearance; I mean out fairies are unique and it just wouldn't be the same if they looked different. (Haha, that sounded rather funny :Laughing:) it really is quite disappointing. :Sad:

Twilight 03-13-2013 07:49 PM

I second that Stormy!!

We are all beautiful just the way we are. They are sending the wrong message
to young girls and boys who play PH, that it is alright to change the way you look
just for change. In RL changing your face is plastic surgery and kids should
not have that done.I do not have any problem with changing your fairy's eye
color that's okay.

~Twi

Rin 03-13-2013 08:19 PM

Wow, they really did it.
I honestly never thought they would make a shop that allowed you to change your fairy so drastically. I also remember that thread your talking about Stormy. Maybe that's there they got the idea?

I'm not too thrilled about this shop. And now that they bring it up, something as trivial as a different facial expression should available to all fairies/players to change for free. It doesn't really make sense that our fairies faces are frozen and they have to buy a new expression. Wings have always looked too similar for me to really notice a difference, so that seems like a waste to me. The eye color is a little more noticeable, but still not worth it. I also feel the changing of skin colors is a little inappropriate. Maybe they will let us change our names soon too?

_Stormy_ 03-13-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rin (Post 242108)
Maybe they will let us change our names soon too?

I wouldn't doubt it, Rin! I never thought they would add a shop to change our faces so I won't be surprised if they add a "name change" section to the new shop.

Sweet Cupcake 03-13-2013 08:26 PM

I'm totally agree with all you... the only expression that this shop changed was of the my real face of this->:Excited: for this->:Angry:

I'm very dissapointed... This shop for me is a place that i just will use for trade ingredients...

Riverbow 03-13-2013 09:00 PM

Yes Rin, I was asking about that too but they told me "no" at least for now. I actually wouldn't mind if I could just hide my own name the way I have the option to hide other players' names to see the screen better. The trouble is that one of my fairies was created as a joke a long time ago when my mom was still convincing me to like Pixie Hollow but I didn't know what it was yet, and her fairy name is just to be funny; we can't delete fairies anymore and this is my only account; I don't want to lose the items and clothes by creating a new account and my other (not a joke) fairy is my "real" fairy (the one I would never change because she's like a little person) so I wouldn't want to lose her by switching accounts.

Basically...I love my fairies but now that I'm really into Pixie Hollow I would like a chance to fly my other fairy without it being a joke, and give her personality a chance to shine :) so changing or hiding our names would be fantastic.

Indigo Twinkleheart 03-13-2013 09:12 PM

pixie hollow is my first online game and I didn't understand that I had choices in the facial expression when we made Indigo. We also didn't know that the talent choice would indicate the color of our wings, house, etc. So I picked a skin tone that doesn't look good with yellow. Since keeping in the "theme" of my fairy's talents is important to me, I am glad I can change her tone to something that will look better with her wardrobe.

however, I'd rather not have that option, all things considered. I think the message it sends is not worth the benefits.

*Twink*

xXKitty_LunaXx 03-13-2013 09:37 PM

I do think they are taking a wrong message out with this, but i would love to make my wings more blue and for my eyes. I MIGHT change the face depending on what they look like.... Other than that it might not be that much of a bad message because i think more teenagers go on pixie hollow than kids.... of course i am NOT a teenager. So.... yeah. I cant get on pixie hollow to see it right now but i would if i could :)
:star: :sigs-object-042: :star:

Cornflower 03-13-2013 09:47 PM

I like the feature on how we can change eye color, I LOVE that! :) It's like we can change our fairies eyes to suite the season. Autumn - Brown, dark brown, yellow. Spring - Purple, pink, bright blue, green. Winter - Dark blue, dark green, black. I am fairy glad they didn't add red, I've seen a few Vampire pixie's asking for red eyes, they just gave them cherry brown.

The face expressions, I'm not crazy for them. It would be a shame if a child bought her fairy a expression she thought was pretty, and she didn't know it was a ''expression'' and a bunch of rude fairies come along and make fun of her face. I've seen a cross-eyed face there, it would be really sad if a child bought that face not noticing how crossed the eyes really are, and get bullied about it. Speaking of bully-fairies, they might make fun of a fairy because she might look different than them. Since Disney is an international company, a child who is from a different country might get bulled on how her fairy looks by other players, and she'll go and change what's unique about her. So sad. :(

When a few members said ''We would like a few more advantages than free-players'' Disney took it wrong! They just increased prices of non-members to make the Members feel better. And now I am seeing more than ever members on the game complaining it's too unfair.

Olivia Diamondsky 03-13-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight (Post 242093)
I second that Stormy!!

We are all beautiful just the way we are. They are sending the wrong message
to young girls and boys who play PH, that it is alright to change the way you look
just for change. In RL changing your face is plastic surgery and kids should
not have that done.I do not have any problem with changing your fairy's eye
color that's okay.

~Twi

Yes the only thing I WILL change is Olivia's eye color to BLUE, that's the only thing I ever really wanted! For that I am grateful. ~Olivia
(When I can log in!!)

_Stormy_ 03-13-2013 10:27 PM

Here is what Kit said:

Quote:

The new shop is a Pixie Spa where you can change your eye color, wings, and more! It still needs some work though so it will be coming out another day. A lot of pixies got a preview this morning! ~Kit

vetcat1234 03-13-2013 10:29 PM

I think I might change a few features of my fairies, but I will have to look at it first. Currently I am unable to log in. It keeps going back to the "We're Tinkering Away!" message. :Angry:
Thank you for sharing this though, Cupcake! This is all I know of the new features so far. :Laughing:

~Cat

EDIT: I am now able to log in, but not get on one of my fairies. Grrr!
EDIT 2, in reply to Stormy: I wonder what day they mean? Tomorrow? Next week? :Confused: I never have liked previews...