Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fairy Bookclub (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Currently Reading? (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16239)

Neverbelle 03-22-2016 05:48 AM

Currently Reading?

Hey, hello, fly with you! Any other "book worm" fairies here? I thought I'd make a thread where we can post what books we are currently reading (since there doesn't seem to be a thread specifically dedicated to this) and how we like them, etc.

The only rule (besides the other rules :Laughing:) is that if you are going to post spoilers, please use the spoiler tabs.
Spoiler for :
like this

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am currently re-reading "Wicked Lovely" by Melissa Marr. I've already read it once a few years ago, but I pretty much forgot the whole thing and now it's like I'm reading it for the first time again. :Laughing: It's a book about fairies, but not the kind like you find in Pixie Hollow. These fairies are much darker.. :Innocent:

What are you currently reading? (Yes, you! :Wink:)

Rainbowswirls 03-22-2016 01:02 PM

I'm currently reading Warriors: Power of 3: Eclipse by Erin Hunter. It's a book about cats who live in a forest. Currently, I'm reading the 4th volume in the 3rd series. Each series, there's a new prophecy to be fulfilled.

Onionleaf 03-23-2016 08:35 AM

Good question! Errm, I have too many books stacked next to my bed at the moment. I've been reading "War and Peace" by L. Tolstoy for a while now and am up to Tome 4 at the moment. I take my time with it as it's a truly interesting read and there's so much in every chapter that I pick it up only when I can give it my full attention. I also borrowed two books in French to practice my reading skills a bit more. One is called "Desert" while the other is "The Last Snow". I also take my time with these because I have to search up the translation of each new word that I come across. :Embarrassed:

Once I finish reading these, I have four more books waiting for me (2 in English, 1 in Russian, 1 in French) so I'll be sure to have enough to read this year!

StormyLightningberry 04-09-2016 02:59 PM

Currently reading

I'm reading "Calvin and Hobbes," and "Phoebe and Her Unicorn," and "Polly and the Pirates." They are all great.

I also read "The Blazing World" by Margaret Cavendish. Thumb down on that one.

Primrosesweet 04-13-2016 06:01 PM

I'm currently reading "Stolen Magic," by Gail Carson Levine. As well as other things. But I haven't finished any books in what feels like a while, but maybe has only been maybe two weeks... such an un-dedicated reader I am. ;)

Daisy GlitterConfetti 05-13-2016 11:46 AM

I'm currently reading 'Annie's Attic Mysteries' which is a series of mystery books about Annie, a woman who has moved into a small town in order to clear out her Grandmother's attic. Her Grandmother was a (and I quote) 'Collector of Things', so to say, and Annie is constantly finding things in her Gran's attic which has some sort of history attached to it. It also has a religious subplot in all the books. It's really interesting, though it's not a very popular series.

I also finished reading 'The Ghost Files' by Apryl Baker. (All of this is on the back of the book, so don't worry about spoilers!) It's about 16-year-old Mattie Hathaway, who has been able to see ghosts ever since she was 5. One day she sees the ghost of her foster sister, Sally, and against better judgement decides to team up with a young police officer to find her killer. It's... not for the faint of heart to read, as it can describe the ghosts kinda graphically, but it's great for older (14 and up) readers who like to give themselves a scare. It's not completely focused on horror, either, so I really liked it, and I can be a big scared-y cat at times.

(A few years ago, the author posted the first book of 'The Ghost Files' series online for everyone to read for free. I want to post a link, but I'm not sure if it'll be against PHF rules. Would it be okay?)

Onionleaf 05-16-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy GlitterConfetti (Post 312048)
(A few years ago, the author posted the first book of 'The Ghost Files' series online for everyone to read for free. I want to post a link, but I'm not sure if it'll be against PHF rules. Would it be okay?)

If the link will redirect to material that is not G-rated or appropriate for these forums, then it shouldn't be posted on PHF. You can also PM links that you're not sure about to one of the Moderators and they can review them for you. :Wink:

===

Yikes, I still have so many books waiting for me to finish reading them! I recently received my French books by mail that I ordered online, so will try to find the time for them as well. It will be a great way to expand my vocabulary and I will finally be able to add notes to pages without worrying about ruining the books - yay!

I also listen to a Lord of the Rings trilogy audiobook while working on my embroidery projects -- it's a very soothing pastime. If you ever feel like there's not much time for reading, audiobooks make for a great alternative.

Primrosesweet 05-17-2016 06:50 PM

I don't know if it was partly because of you, Onion, but I started reading War and Peace by L. Tolstoy. Now I just hope I'll finish it. :D

Lori 07-06-2016 02:30 PM

I'm currently reading The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. It took me awhile to get into it, but I'm starting to enjoy it now. The writing style isn't one that I usually like as it's very loose and borders on stream of consciousness at times, but the story is really good.

I recently started working at a library, so I hope to read more books that are best sellers.

Edit: I really disliked this book for so many reasons. I know it was a best seller and people keep raving about it to me, but ugh, I just did not like it.

toadstool 09-06-2017 06:19 AM

Aaaahh I love Warriors!

AutumnNeversprite 09-06-2017 07:21 AM

well I just got a new book "The Cottingley Secret by Hazel ***nor" it's about the Cottingley Fairies back in 1917 where the girls took photos of fairies near their home.

popcorn1234 09-06-2017 03:25 PM

Currently reading "The Pixar Touch: The Making of a Company", which basically goes over the history of Pixar in detail and in context (it talks about the times it was created, the technology, interviews, just really going into detail and explanations). I'd recommend it to anyone that's looking for a cool non-fiction book that's pretty well-explained and (in my opinion) a good read!

Primrosesweet 09-16-2017 08:03 PM

I'm actually reading a biography of Jonathan Edwards by Iain H Murray. Reading a non-fiction book in my spare time for the first time in a while. :Laughing: :Innocent:

Lori 06-22-2019 03:28 PM

This will always be the thread for me.

I just finished reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I should be starting the second book in the series, but I'm still trying to recover from the first.

I'm also listening to Home Front by Kristin Hannah.

I have a thing for depressing books.