Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fairy Bookclub (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Should I? Or should I not? (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9576)

Onionleaf 10-19-2011 05:31 AM

Should I? Or should I not?

I have a dilemma.. well, not quite :Teasing:
See, ever since February, our city libraries have been closed, and now in October, there are only two libraries open. D:
I have wanted to read the fairy books ever since I first heard about them.. *ahem* this year.
I knew that there was no way I could wait so long for the rest of the libraries to open (and they don't have much of a collection anyway). :(
Then voila! I found a website called "Disney Digital Books", and it has a whole separate collection of fairy books! :Happy:

BUT you need to subscribe (obviously), and when my wishes have money involved, I worry and begin to ask myself "Is it worth it?" :Embarrassed:
(you don't know how long I was weighing all the options for a PH membership >.<)

Well, it's $8.95 per month (US dollars, I might add - that means around 12 New Zealand dollars), and you can read as much as you want!

Here are all the books available, from highest to lowest reading level:
Lvl 5:
Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster
Dulcie's Taste of Magic
Beck Beyond The Sea
Tinkerbell Takes Charge
Beck and the Great Berry Battle
The Trouble With Tink
Vidia and the Fairy Crown
Art Lessons by Bess
Prilla and the Butterfly Lie
Rani and the Three Treasures
Tink, North of Never Land
Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse
Rosetta's Daring Day
Queen Clarion's Secret
Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon
Fira and the Full Moon
A Masterpiece for Bess
Lily's Pesky Plant
Iridessa, Lost At Sea

Lvl 4:
Tinker Bell Movie Storybook
Tinker Bell and The Lost Treasure Junior Novel

Lvl 3:
Finders Keepers
Tinkerbell's Tea Party
A Guide to Pixie Hollow
Tinkering Tink
Tinker Bell and The Lost Treasure Movie Storybook
A Lake in Pixie Hollow
A Snowy Surprise
Tinker Bell and The Lost Treasure Magical Storybook
The Great Fairy Camp Out
Tink and the Messy Mystery
The Pixie Mix-Up
Picture Perfect
Prilla's Prize

Lvl 2:
Beck's Bunny Secret
Fairy Rescue Team
Vidia Takes Charge
A Fairy Tale
Tink's Treasure Hunt
Tinker Bell and The Great Fairy Rescue Storybook

40 fairy books in total. It's a shame that there are no illustration books, such as "In the Realm of the Never Fairies" (I looked at a preview of it a while ago, and the pictures were so beautiful).

Oh, and the good news is that my mom has already agreed to pay :D She is oh-so nice..
I am planning on reading the Lvl 5 books first, and then read the other ones later if I have time. Plus, I was thinking of subscribing in the summer holidays (December) when I will have lots of spare time.

Questions still on my mind: Is it a good deal? Which books should I start reading first? How long would it take me to read all of them? (I am quite a fast reader :sarcastic:) Are there any fantastic books missing from the list that I should read as well? :neutral:
Tell me what you think :)

Oh, and I would recommend this option to people who live in another country where these books are not on sale. :great:

kass101 10-19-2011 02:06 PM

I have read quite a few of them, they are good books :)
Well, it depends if you have enough money to do it :)

popcorn1234 10-19-2011 02:52 PM

I will have time to reply more later, but the book you should start with in my opinion is "The Trouble with Tink". It was one of the first books to be released to the series.

EDIT: Pretty much all of the Level 5 books are good books, with nice illustrations. However, there are some books that are missing from your list, but the books you have are pretty great. :)

June Rosewillow 10-19-2011 04:59 PM

If it were me, I would plan to subscribe for just a month and see how many books I could read by then. The level 5 books you listed are actually quite easy. If you say that you're a fast reader, you could read a few in one day--at least. My eight year old daughter is an avid reader and at age six she was reading at least one per day. I would wait when you have free time (like you said) but I think for the price it's worth it. :D

EDIT: I should note that my daughter reads well above her grade level. I'm sure most six-year olds aren't reading as much as she did. I was just pointing out how easy of a read the books are. :P

Grace Moonglow 10-19-2011 06:49 PM

I think its a great buy for the number of books you get!
If some have really nice illustrations, maybe you could decide to purchase the hard-copy
just for the pretty pictures!
And to have as a collectible later down the road for your own kids someday!

xoxx Grace
:witchani:

Twilight 10-19-2011 09:34 PM

I think for the price it is a great deal, that is usually the cost of one of the
fairy books here. I have a read a few of them myself :Embarrassed:.
You will surely be able to get through a few each day they are fairly
short and a good quick read. Even of you do this for just one month
you will get your money's worth. I like Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster, Vidia and the Fairy Crown, and Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse for starters. Enjoy and happy reading!!!

~Twi

kass101 10-19-2011 09:50 PM

Those are some of my favorites to Twi :)

SilverCandleshadow 10-20-2011 12:19 AM

I think that my three favorite books from all of the Disney Fairies books series are not there! :( I really loved Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand, and Fairies and the Quest for Never Land. They are all part of a major story that goes into the chapter books sometimes as well. I think I listed them in order. I do suggest those three books because they are so good! They're a lot bigger that the regular chapter book, which are usually 113 pages. On the main subject though, I think it's a great deal if you want to read those books!

Onionleaf 10-20-2011 02:30 AM

Oh my! Thank you all so much for the advice!!
I didn't know that the chapter books were so short - that helps a lot! I can finish reading a 200-page book in half a day, so I think a one-month subscription will suffice :)
I'll start with "The Trouble With Tink" first then. I'm sure there was a chronological list of them somewhere in the forums...

Silver, I will be sure to locate those books you mentioned and read them some day! :Happy:

Again, thank you for all the advice, my friends!
~Onion:Leaves:

Edit: Thank you very much for the extra detail Iris!

Iris Waterdew 10-20-2011 11:06 PM

I totally agree with you Silver!
I read Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand quite a few years back when it was more "age appropriate" for me, and I enjoyed it a lot. After some research, I found that it was released by Disney Fairies, but I am very confused due to the fact that it is not found on the Disney sites and other locations. In fact, I don't think it is even included in the Disney Fairy books collection!

Also, they are by Gail Carson Levine if it helps when you are looking for the books Alexa! :)

P.S. Be sure to enjoy the illustrations for Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand, they were very detailed and beautiful!

Neverbelle 11-05-2011 09:05 PM

Well personally I just can't read online books. I get too distracted. :Laughing: If you like reading books online then I'd do what June said and get a 1 month subscription. The books are really easy to read, so you could probably have them all finished in no time anyways!

I've read:

The Trouble With Tink
Silvermist and The Ladybug Curse
Beck and The Great Berry Battle

They were really good! I can't wait to read more! :tinkerbell:

Onionleaf 11-06-2011 01:14 AM

Haha, I'm used to reading books online :Teasing: Thanks Neverbelle!
I'm sure I'll finish reading them all very quickly.

Onionleaf 12-29-2011 04:30 AM

Oh dear... I was filling out the form for a subscription, and now it's asking me for a Billing Address. The problem is that the Address and State is a required field, but I don't live in the US.
I'm going to have to talk about this with my mom once she gets back from work..

Edit: Hehe, never mind, we have figured out the problem. ^^ I will be reading for the next month, yay! :Happy:

Lilac Rosewillow 06-15-2012 05:13 PM

I'm glad that you got the subscription!!! I think that I might get a subscription if my library doesn't get the books soon!!! They said that they should be available next week but if they aren't than they won't have the fairy books in their library!! :( I'll just have to see!
-Lilac Rosewillow #flywithyou

Jenny Hollybell 07-03-2013 03:24 AM

That's an awesome deal!
Little Ella recently bought Iridessa Lost at Sea for double the price for all of those books together! In America too!! :(
WHY!?!??!!!??

I already had all the level 5 books except the one Iridessa book so it wasn't like I bought all of them for $15!!!

Now i'm really jealous of your deal :Innocent: