Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fairies Minigames and Quests (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Snowflakes Sweep Tips (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1633)

Buttercup PollenPuff 02-11-2009 05:28 AM

Snowflakes Sweep Tips

I'm not sure if this thread needs to be here or in the Spoiled area so beware there is infor about the Snowflakes Sweep and some tips. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to do that.
:TinkSmilie:
:Star:
Let me first say this game was really hard for me so I gave up after level 7. My fiance being the competetive type had me log out and got on with his water fairy (Crystal Bubblestream.) I'm proud to say that Miss Bubblestream made it to the end of the game.
:Happy:
The game is 30 levels long. With each level either you must get more snowflakes (5, 7, 10, etc.) or tyou must get more types (purple, green, blue, silver, pink) or the wind picks up, or there are more icicles melting in your way.
:Laughing:
One thing to keep in mind is that if you accidentally drop a wrong snowflake in (pink in the purple bag) it will not only not count but add to the number you need or, in the case that you have a thread with multiple flakes, not count them.

After a few levels an hourglass drops which gives you 30 seconds more. Sometimes two will drop at one time. A blinking snowflake of a certain color = three snowflakes. So if you get a pink flashing one you get three. If you get the special snowflake that flashes sort of blueish purpleish pinkish it can go in any bag. Eventually a pretty bubble will drop with a pink snowflake in it. If you click that one all snowflakes on the page will turn into the special anyflakes.
:Insect2: Towards the end of the levels you will have one bag right in front of another bag, you should fill that one first because if a different type of snowflake hits it, it will knock out the snowflakes you have collected.

That's all for now. :flower:

Petunia Frostyblossom 02-11-2009 06:45 AM

Thanks for the Info!

Buttercup, thanks for the tips! I think I made it to level 26 or 27 with a bit more that 32,000 points. I ran out of time. Wow-wee! Is this game time consuming or what? It reminds me of Petal Pick-up that way.

How many total points was your fiance' able to get? :xmas-smiley-035::4622::gewalt007:

Buttercup PollenPuff 02-11-2009 07:02 AM

Congratulations on getting so far. :TinkSmilie:
He got 111,096. :Excited:
I put up the pictures in my gallery. I think a Mod has to approve them before you can see them.
:Insect2:
http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/for...pictureid=2388
http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/for...pictureid=2387

Violet Merryvale 02-11-2009 03:47 PM

Good to know how many levels!

I was stubborn and got to level 30, but my keyboard stuck-my end not the game-and had to quit. (Wish I had known it was the last, and sadistic, level.) When there are hourglasses, it helps a lot! You can get over 200 snowflakes as a reward, so sticking it out to get the 1000 for the badge can be useful.

Thanks for the tips!

VM

JoBroFan 02-11-2009 06:30 PM

i love the new game, but it wasnt giving me my snowflakes as rewards :(

Lila Mossgarden 02-11-2009 07:30 PM

The game I was playing froze on level 8!!!

Buttercup PollenPuff 02-11-2009 08:06 PM

:Insect2:We had alot of lagging, especially towards the end, it was evven irritating for me to watch. My fiance has the patience of a Saint, as long as the cause is competetive. I know he had to play some of the levels multiple times because not enought extra time dropped the first time he played.

:Confused:
btw I noticed there is no badge for how many times you play, nor is there a high score badge yet. When they come out will they be applied retroactively? :Star:

texastinkerbelle 02-11-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttercup PollenPuff (Post 18298)
:

:Confused:
btw I noticed there is no badge for how many times you play, nor is there a high score badge yet. When they come out will they be applied retroactively? :Star:

This is a Pre-release Pre-view.
I imagine the badge will appear when the game is Open to everyone.
And No i dont think the game play will count.
It didnt with the other games before badges were being awarded.

Also I too was not recieving ALL the snowflakes awarded.
I checked my badge & pouch before playing...
I won 17 snowflakes but ONLY 5 were added to to Collection Badge & Pouch.
I did this experiment again & it happened again.

Lila Mossgarden 02-11-2009 09:55 PM

Iguess it was my fault. I upgraded my adobe and i didn't have problems anymore ;)

texastinkerbelle 02-11-2009 11:31 PM

I am playing a different fairy today & she is getting the correct amount
deposited in her account for playing the snowflake game.
Maybe first day jitters. lol

slightlyremoved 02-17-2009 07:11 AM

Yeah, I've been playing this game to collect the ingredients but it does get hard and really frustrating after a while. My highest score was something like 65000 before my internet stopped working...and I didn't get my ingredients either. It was a very sad evening for about 5 minutes.

Otherwise the game is fun, for the most part. I wish it wasn't so much like Petal PickUp though because that's definitely my least favorite game. :\

Ali_Lenora 02-17-2009 05:51 PM

sounds great, but i'm not a member so i cant do it BLAH! :lol: well- when SOON comes i'll be able to do it! :Happy:

is this game open for non-members yet?!?!??!?!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Littlebell 02-19-2009 08:39 PM

a few more tips :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttercup PollenPuff (Post 18268)
there is info about the Snowflakes Sweep and some tips.

thanks for the tips! i've actually been able to complete it more than once now. it takes a *long* time - maybe a half hour - but it's worth the ingredients if you're trying to buy stuff. :Happy:
  • the "purple" flakes can sometimes be confused for white or pink if you're trying to go too fast - i do that a lot.
  • keep the name of the game in mind. if something is in your way, like a color that you're not collecting, you can "sweep" it out of the way and focus on the rest.
  • you can sweep stuff in any direction, including up - that helps sometimes.
  • if you're not short on time and there's an hourglass on the screen, always get that first - especially if you're on your last bag and only need 1 more flake to finish the level.
  • when using the bubble to change everything, get as many "anyflakes" as you can and stuff them in the nearest bag.
hope this helps! :Happy:

Sapphire Sweetfeather 02-20-2009 02:44 AM

So, will there be a way to tell when it's open to the general public? I was just thinking that maybe the snowflake may be a little different on the sign so that we non members will know it's open to us. Just wondering I didn't know if they did something like that with any of the other games when they were new.

Lila Mossgarden 02-20-2009 08:13 PM

They said it would be available 'a few weeks later'. Sorta like soon, I think!

I, too, agree that I do not like the games with 40+ levels. I don't like paying a game for over an hour...

It is open now!! Yay!