Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   PHF's Official Contest and Competitions (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Contests Ending - APRIL FOOLS! (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16241)

Joan 04-01-2016 11:27 PM

Contests Ending - APRIL FOOLS!

Well it's been fun and we have had lots of creative ideas from both members and staff!

However, the ideas have just dried up and it's too stressful to think of a new idea every single month!!!!

I hope you enjoyed our contests, as much as we have enjoyed reading your entries.

PixieHollowForever 04-01-2016 11:44 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Jack I 04-02-2016 01:14 AM

I know, it's sad! Poor Sapphire and I just couldn't keep up with the demand for awards and banners for all the contests and holidays. And, like Joan mentioned, coming up with ideas is just so hard after a while! We feel like we've exhausted all of our fun contests. :Sad:

We originally planned on giving out one last contest shiny, and then just a few shinies for really big holidays in the year, but it just seemed to sad. Here's what we were looking at giving out. It's not the prettiest shiny, but this was all a very rushed, last minute sort of decision once we realized that we had no more ideas to use this month!

popcorn1234 04-02-2016 04:08 AM

Well, I'll miss the monthly contests, but I can understand why they're ending. But just to make sure, we're still getting shinies for holidays, right?

Hazel Brightsparkle 04-02-2016 04:58 AM

Aww how sad I'll miss the shinies every month!!

(Although, it is April Fool's... :Wink:)

Foxfeather 04-02-2016 07:17 AM

I will miss it too. :Sad:
Is it a fool's joke? There is no way to click to get the last shiny one. Want it if it is true.

PixieHollowForever 04-02-2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack I (Post 311625)
I know, it's sad! Poor Sapphire and I just couldn't keep up with the demand for awards and banners for all the contests and holidays. And, like Joan mentioned, coming up with ideas is just so hard after a while! We feel like we've exhausted all of our fun contests. :Sad:

We originally planned on giving out one last contest shiny, and then just a few shinies for really big holidays in the year, but it just seemed to sad. Here's what we were looking at giving out. It's not the prettiest shiny, but this was all a very rushed, last minute sort of decision once we realized that we had no more ideas to use this month!

We can come up with ideas! We can make badges!

Julie Dazzleshimmer 04-02-2016 04:50 PM

Aw, I wish this was an April Fool's joke. However, I understand why there will not be any more contests - sometimes ideas just get old or do not work out.

Will there still be shinies awarded on major holidays?

Twilight 04-02-2016 06:56 PM

That is so sad. The contests and badges for holidays is about the only
reason I have had to visit PHF lately. I love all of my pixie friends here.
But there is not much talk, and I understand that without PH there is not
much else we can really talk about within the rules. Most have moved on
to other things, maybe I am still trying to hold onto something. I will still
check in but most likely not as often, I love reading everyone's entries for
the contests. But I do understand I was surprised that is lasted as long as
it did. And I thank you Mods for that.

~Twi

Blaze_of_Glory 04-02-2016 11:14 PM

Aww, I'm sad that there aren't going to be any more contests. :( Like Twilight, it's one of the reasons why I still come back. But I definitely understand, especially since less and less people are even coming back. I'm happy that it's lasted this long. :)

Amanda 04-03-2016 12:21 AM

Oh no! Not the shinies! :Sad:

Joan 04-03-2016 12:26 AM

APRIL FOOLS!!!

Some of you suspected but was really amazing and of course not surprising considering how awesome our Pixies are....

The suggestion that you all make the badges. Now that was so sweet it made me tear up and give you all a virtual hug!

Enjoy your surprise award!!

Peweli 04-03-2016 05:59 AM

Contests

So no more contests, or April Fools we are still having contests?
It is so easy to confuse me lately.

Either way, I want to thank all you administrators and moderators, you all do such a wonderful job of keeping the Forums going. It is the last little tidbit of Pixie Hollow.

It's becoming more difficult for me to remember specific things about Pixie Hollow. :HappyLadyBug:

Onionleaf 04-03-2016 10:01 AM

I have to be honest and say that you got me! :Embarrassed: I read the thread on April 2nd, so didn't even consider the idea of it being a joke at first. *gives a noogie to those who were in on the joke* :SmallTinkerGears: But really, thanks so much for putting so much effort into the contests! The shinies are always so perfectly polished, they make one particular tinker-talent glow with pride!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peweli (Post 311639)
It's becoming more difficult for me to remember specific things about Pixie Hollow. :HappyLadyBug:

It has been a while since we last flew into the Hollow, but the archived threads here, as well as our extensive Wiki, have so much information to browse about the game! If you're ever feeling nostalgic about something, just post about it! Or perhaps take the time to sit down to draw a pixie sketch or write a pixie poem. I also enjoy re-watching a Tinker Bell movie when I'm a bit too tired to think and want to watch something sweet. ^^

Alyce Natalie 04-03-2016 10:06 AM

Ooh yeah, Happy April Fools! Is this correct there aren't any more contests this month? This is such confusing...