Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fairy Bookclub Archive (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   What Fairy Book? (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2880)

Olivia Roseheart 06-21-2009 07:47 PM

What Fairy Book?

Hi,
I have read many fairy books, but I was wondering wha are your personal favourite fairy books or series? I'm sire one of them is the Disney Fairy series, but are their any other cool series? Please let me know, I would really appreciate it!
Olivia :ButterflysPlaying:

jenny lovely blossom 06-21-2009 07:55 PM

there is the hannah montana series
harry potter series

Sahara Islandheart 06-21-2009 11:33 PM

Olivia, have you tried the books I told you about, the ones from the Renaissance period? I thought you started one, didnt like it?

Neverheart 06-22-2009 12:14 AM

I like...

The Maximum Ride Series
Anything written by Joan Bauer

I used to like...

The Series of Unfortunate Events
The Magic Treehouse Books

That's about all I can think of. I've read 200-300+ books, mostly fiction, but these are the only ones that stand out in my memory.

Olivia Roseheart 06-22-2009 12:49 AM

Thanks so far everyone,
and Sahara, I think it went back to the library anyways!
Liv :tinkerbell1:

Foxglove Starglow 06-22-2009 02:08 AM

Hmm . . . as far as fairy books go, I'm fond of Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. Gail Carson Levine really set the tone for Pixie Hollow for me!

Sahara Islandheart 06-27-2009 07:13 PM

ALL the disney fairy books are great, but also I realize I forgot to mention a great series - Fairy Chronicles! I like how they arent all cheery, where everything is perfect and everything is going to turn out wonderful. I mean those are great, but I like the kind of books that are open to tragedy and stuff. LOL, anyway Olivia, promise me you will at least try them? I bet you will like 'em!
:Flowers:Sahara

Ali_Lenora 06-27-2009 08:02 PM

hm,, i like the sisters grimm, and the emily windsnap series so far. xD

Neverheart 06-27-2009 09:11 PM

Oh, yeah, the Sisters Grimm series are (this is for Daphne) so punk rock! It's about how all of the stories, such as Little Red Riding Hood, are actually historic facts written down by all of the decendants of the Grimm family...this series is honestly one of the funniest, edge-of-your-seat, cliffhanger series I've ever read (and I've read a lot of them!). And there are fairies in it...and one rather, erm, rude one, too... :rofl:

jenny lovely blossom 06-27-2009 09:13 PM

you guys prob don't no these books
junie b. jones
magic tree house
the dairy of the wimpy kid
twilight
chronicals of narnia
harry potter
candy apple books
baby sitting stories

Sahara Islandheart 06-27-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverheart (Post 39212)
Oh, yeah, the Sisters Grimm series are (this is for Daphne) so punk rock! It's about how all of the stories, such as Little Red Riding Hood, are actually historic facts written down by all of the decendants of the Grimm family...this series is honestly one of the funniest, edge-of-your-seat, cliffhanger series I've ever read (and I've read a lot of them!). And there are fairies in it...and one rather, erm, rude one, too... :rofl:

Neverheart, I have seen the Sisters Grimm books before but never had any idea what they are about. They way you descrive them is way different then what I thought they were about! I think I will try them! Thank you for helping me as well as hopefully Olivia =)

StormyLightningberry 06-28-2009 02:41 PM

book series

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny lovely blossom (Post 39213)
junie b. jones
magic tree house
twilight
chronicals of narnia
harry potter
candy apple books
baby sitting stories

I know Junie B Jones, Magic Tree House, Twilight, Narnia, and Potter.

What about Little House? American Girl? Rainbow Fairies?

Stormy

Neverheart 06-28-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny lovely blossom (Post 39213)
junie b. jones
magic tree house
twilight
chronicals of narnia
harry potter
candy apple books
baby sitting stories

Hmm, I've read a few of these except the Candy Apple books. I don't think I want to, as one is entitled, "How to Be a Girly Girl in Ten Days." Oh, I also haven't tried the Wimpy Kid ones. Those look a bit stupid to me, no offense to any fans. I read a bit of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but it was so much like the movie that it bored me. I'd already seen the awesome movie, and the book was almost like reading the script.

jenny lovely blossom 06-28-2009 06:55 PM

i've read the how to be a girl girl its not about being girl this girl is trying to be a girly girl so this boy will like her.....

p.s stormy there is books like that but i don't like rainbow fairies just to girly no offense

Sahara Islandheart 06-28-2009 07:13 PM

I really like the Rainbow Fairy books! They are very cute, although they are a little too perfect. I mean there enemies, the goblins, arent even mean, and the girls help the goblins sometimes. But I guess they are books for younger kids, and sinse Im not I just have to except it. They are very cute though.