Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other G-Rated Games (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Do you own a 3DS? (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16269)

Onionleaf 06-15-2016 11:09 AM

Do you own a 3DS?

Hi there! Just wondering if any pixies here own a Nintendo 3DS of their own and can share their experiences and opinions on the console?

I've been contemplating whether I should purchase one or not, as I had a couple of games in mind that I would like to play, but not quite sure yet if it would be worth it. I'm quite a casual gamer, especially now more than ever before, so would really prefer a game that wouldn't take too much of my time.

Do you have any positive/negative feedback on your experience with the 3DS? Is the screen size and 3D feature comfortable for the eyes? I usually can't play games on my phone, the screen is just way too tiny, so I was wondering if it would be the same issue on this console. Also, are there any particular games that you would recommend? (I feel like I can trust the opinion of those who have played my favourite online game :D)

Thanks! :Flowers:

Julie Dazzleshimmer 06-16-2016 02:52 AM

Hi, Onion! I have owned a 3DS since it was released in 2011, and I still enjoy playing on it nowadays. I have had virtually no problems with the 3DS except for battery life, but that should not be a problem for you since you said you are a casual gamer. The screen size of the regular-sized 3DS is adequate enough, but if you would prefer a larger screen, go for the 3DS XL. As for the 3D feature, I essentially never use it. Your eyes really need to be lined up with the screen quite precisely in order for the image to not appear blurry, so even if you move your head slightly, the screen is out of focus. However, with the New Nintendo 3DS, there is face tracking 3D, which allows you to view the screen in 3D from different angles.

I also would like to recommend a game to you that I still play since its release in 2013 (for North America). It is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and it is a great game for casual gamers because it is a choose-your-own-adventure kind of game. It is the loveliest game I have ever played (besides Pixie Hollow). Everything from the music to the general charm makes it a pleasant game to play. You can design your own home, talk to animal villagers, dig up fossils, create outfits, catch fish and bugs, be the mayor of your own town, etc. Honestly, the game is plotless, allowing you to play at your own pace. Nevertheless, my explanation of the game does not do any justice to how remarkable the game is. It is almost an experience of its own, just like Pixie Hollow. I highly recommend purchasing it!

If you decide to buy a 3DS (and possibly New Leaf), let me know so we can exchange friend codes! :) Or if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Onionleaf 06-20-2016 10:05 AM

Thanks so much, Julie! Of course, I'd be happy to exchange friend codes with you. :Happy: Do the Nintendo consoles allow to have a friend list that transfers over to other games as well (like what we used to have for the Disney online games)? Are there any other games that allow for online multiplayer mode that you (or anyone else) would recommend?

Oh yes, I read about the face-tracking feature for the new 3DS, it will be interesting to see how well it works. It still seems like something out of a sci-fi novel to me, haha. Remember when touch screens seemed so unbelievable at first?

I've heard of Animal Crossing before but never really considered it, but now you've intrigued me. What about Fantasy Life, is that something quite different? I also enjoy turn-based RPG games, so I think Fire Emblem: Awakening will be on my wishlist as well.

I'll probably plan my purchase(s) for the start of July (my savings are a little on the low side atm), can't wait till then. :Excited: Keep those recommendations coming!

Neverbelle 06-28-2016 04:21 AM

I hope you enjoy your 3DS when you buy it, Alexia!

I have one (well it's not with me now) but since I almost never use it except to play the Tinker Bell games I don't feel qualified to give any opinions. :Laughing::Embarrassed:

Onionleaf 06-30-2016 01:01 AM

Thanks, Neverbelle! :) Oh that's all right, I'd still be happy to hear your thoughts on the console (I don't think I'll be buying all too many games for the moment anyway). Which Tinker Bell game did you enjoy playing the most?

Onionleaf 07-07-2016 10:12 AM

I received my 3DS by mail about a week ago and think it's awesome so far! :Happy: The screen size of the XL version is comfortable to view, so no problems there.
The demos that I've been playing of various games have been fun, I'm not quite sure which games to pick first, there are too many options. They are all rather expensive too so it's taking me some time to find second-hand games with decent prices. (It's funny how it's cheaper to buy from Australian online stores than the stores here in NZ. They even offer free delivery!)

I also changed the settings to French so now any game I play I'll also be brushing up on my French skills - hooray for multi-tasking. :D

Were there any DS games that any of you particularly enjoyed as well? (They are a bit cheaper to buy, and the quality is almost as good :p)

WaterFairy2016 01-22-2017 01:26 AM

I own one. It's light pink. :Happy:

Onionleaf 01-22-2017 05:40 AM

Cute! I would've loved to own a light green one if they were available. :D

What games do you enjoy playing? I've been hooked on the Ace Attorney series these past few months. Digging down into pieces of evidence and throwing out wild accusations at the witnesses, what's not to like? :Laughing:

StormyLightningberry 03-21-2017 03:24 AM

Objection!

Ace Attorney is fun.

Onionleaf 04-09-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry (Post 313682)
Ace Attorney is fun.

Aye! I finally got my brother into the series, he's just about finished the first game and I think he's enjoying it so far. He comes to tell me his assumptions on what's going to happen next in the case - his wild theories are fun to listen to. :Laughing:

PixieHollowForever 12-04-2017 03:12 AM

I have a 3ds as well, I had a pink one at first, but then I lost it as well as my games for it. Now I have an XL one with a galaxy pattern.