Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Updates/Changes (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Tapatalk Installed (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7894)

Batleth 03-19-2011 03:24 AM

Tapatalk Installed

http://tapatalk.com/resources/images/iphone4-0.jpg
Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin. Try it now to see why so many forums adopted it to complement or replace their existing HTML-based mobile forum skin.

This app will cost you $3USD.

Olivia Diamondsky 03-19-2011 05:22 AM

Very Interesting!

Amazing!!!! Thanks Batleth! Olivia :ButterflysPlaying:

Batleth 08-04-2011 02:38 PM

If you use tapatalk, please take the time to disable the default settings of auto-posting a tapatalk signature. They have added a new feature which includes people's geomap location telling the entire world where you are when you posted your message. This is against site policies for posting personal information and unwise for your own security.

Thank you for complying with site policies and keeping everyone safe.

Olivia Diamondsky 08-04-2011 03:09 PM

I don't use that anyway, telling the entire world where Iam hmm not to wise..at least I dont think so, Iam glad it's against this site's Policies ~wink~ Olivia

Rin 08-04-2011 05:21 PM

I use taptalk on this forum from my ipod sometimes, but I don't think I've ever posted from it so I'm ok.
I'll remember to change the settings next time I use it!

Batleth 09-28-2013 12:04 PM

Updated to the newest version. There is now a free app version for those not wanting to pay for this app.

popcorn1234 09-28-2013 07:05 PM

Great! Do you know what iOS the new free version supports--all of them, or just the recent 4.0-5.0+ iOS'?

RosesOfScarlet 09-28-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorn1234 (Post 264212)
Great! Do you know what iOS the new free version supports--all of them, or just the recent 4.0-5.0+ iOS'?

I think It's all of them. Before I got IOS 7, it would still ask me to download it (even though I never did).;)

I just downloaded it and all we have to do it take off the signature so it won't tell our location or is there some other option?

Tiramisu 09-28-2013 09:45 PM

I just downloaded this app after reading the reviews ( which were
not in its favor. I think this app is fantastic for lurking around - though
I don't like to post with it. lol.

Julie Dazzleshimmer 09-28-2013 10:07 PM

I just downloaded the app. In fact, I am posting with it right now. I do not like how we cannot use the forum smileys, except for the text ones. I still like the app, though!

Tiramisu 09-28-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie Dazzleshimmer (Post 264233)
I just downloaded the app. In fact, I am posting with it right now. I do not like how we cannot use the forum smileys, except for the text ones. I still like the app, though!

Hmm.. thats odd. I mean, if you know the code for a smiley you
could use it that way.

Such as..

: + ) = :)

: + *the word* Angry + : = :Angry:

: + Flowers + : = :Flowers:

There are many more. All smileys except :), :(, and a few others
have :'s around them. So if you wanted to use the smiley teasing,
you would type " Teasing" and put :'s around it.

Such as..

: Teasing : ( No spaces) which would make :Teasing:
You need a capital first letter for all of them.

If you want to know more, you can press the smiley button in advanced mode or
hover over all the smiley faces on the side. It should tell you its code there.

Hope that helps!

Julie Dazzleshimmer 09-29-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiramisu (Post 264236)

Hmm.. thats odd. I mean, if you know the code for a smiley you
could use it that way.

Such as..

: + ) = :)

: + *the word* Angry + : = :Angry:

: + Flowers + : = :Flowers:

There are many more. All smileys except :), :(, and a few others
have :'s around them. So if you wanted to use the smiley teasing,
you would type " Teasing" and put :'s around it.

Such as..

: Teasing : ( No spaces) which would make :Teasing:
You need a capital first letter for all of them.

If you want to know more, you can press the smiley button in advanced mode or
hover over all the smiley faces on the side. It should tell you its code there.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your help! What I mean is that there is no icon or anything to tap for the smileys, which is okay, since you can always type their codes out. Also, the smileys do not show up, except for the ones like :), :(, :D, etc.

Batleth 09-29-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosesOfScarlet (Post 264226)
I think It's all of them. Before I got IOS 7, it would still ask me to download it (even though I never did).;)

I just downloaded it and all we have to do it take off the signature so it won't tell our location or is there some other option?

It should support all hand devices as well as IOS. With all forum readers, there's always some things they just have to leave off and this one doesn't support our smilies.

Please, turn signatures off. They will contain personal info such as your location. Thank you.

brerwombat 04-15-2015 02:50 PM

I tried responding to a thread using Tapatalk App on Android, but it looks like the post didn't go though. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues?

Thanks! :Excited:

Blaze_of_Glory 04-18-2015 04:23 AM

Hmm, that's never happened to me on Tapatalk before. Did the "Reply Successful" message show up?
If it did and you simply didn't see your post added to the thread, I think it might be because you're new, and your posts have to be approved by a moderator before they show up. :) Can you see that post now?