Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fairies Minigames and Quests (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Gem Juggle tips :) (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8346)

Littlebell 05-27-2011 01:35 AM

Gem Juggle tips :)

just a few things i've figured out since the game was released. :Happy:

scoring:
  • minimum score is +15 for 3 gems, then +40 for 4, +75 for 5, +120 for 6, etc. (maybe +175 for 7?)
  • double head arrows take out one row or column for +100. quad head arrows take out both an entire row and column.
  • the gem bunch adds +100 to the gems it takes out (+10 for the 2 to make the minimum of 3 = +110).
  • the mining hat takes out a bunch for +150.
  • the pick axe takes out up to 8 gems for +200.
  • rocks aren't just there to take up space; i've seen an arrow take out 2 for a total of +300, so i think they may be worth +100 each

tips:
  • i think someone else noticed this too, but you don't have to click+click to swap gems; you can click+drag instead. i find that to be a little faster myself. maybe Vidia contributed the feature. :Wink:
  • if you're working on the high score badge, don't forget to use the special items when you get the chance. also, while you have to get a certain number of one or two gems on higher levels, if you have the time, try to get matches other than the ones the game wants. think of it kind of like Petal Pick-up when it only wants one kind of petal.
  • once you have the high score badge, if you want to get the other three badges right away, play the first 1 or 2 royal levels. you only need to get about 3505 points in order to also get 10 talent skill points. 100 games x 10 points = 1000 points, plus 500 while getting the high score badge = 1500 talent skill points, which is like another entire talent skill level. might as well multi-task. :Wink:
  • be careful with the mining hat, it may take out special items! :Shocked:
  • the gem bunch seems to match not only multiple gems, but in multiple directions at the same time.
  • if the pick axe is on the edge, move it in towards the center instead of along the edge, otherwise you'll only take out 5 gems instead of 8; and don't move it into a corner, or you'll only take out 3.
  • arrows can take out rocks. they can't take out frozen gems, but if you use an arrow on the same row or column as a frozen gem, you'll unfreeze the frozen gem.
  • use arrows before some of the others, but watch out that you don't wipe out another special item when you do. also note that you don't have to drag the arrows in the same direction they point.
  • not specific to this, but while you're working on badges, don't forget to let your pet out and check on it every 5 minutes or so until you get your gifts. :Wink:
  • ...and don't update tips while the timer is still running! :Teasing:

vetcat1234 05-27-2011 01:49 AM

thanks Littlebell! i got it with Sarah and trying to get it with Ivy and Alec. thank you again! :Happy:

Juniper 05-27-2011 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlebell (Post 130364)
...and don't update tips while the timer is still running! :Teasing:

Great tips, Littlebell! I especially like the last one. :Laughing:

Olivia Diamondsky 05-27-2011 03:56 AM

Thanks Littlebell

WOW Littlebell thnx so much for all that information! Thats a great help! Juniper you have a great sense of humor!http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/for...ictureid=36559 waiting for approval (sig compliments of Mia Lightingwillow) :HappyLadyBug:

Pearl Moonsplash 05-27-2011 04:53 AM

Littlebell Rocks

Awesome tips! Great to know such organized pixies! Just finished the high scores yesterday but was wondering on scoring... gotta think Great Games ... Ya know! :Wink: GL all! And, Littlebell You are a gem yourself! Thanks! ~Pearl

Onionleaf 05-27-2011 05:08 AM

That sums it up nicely! :)
I also notced that the click+drag option works faster; found it out while playing Bejeweled and tried it in Gem Juggler too!

Sapphire Sweetfeather 06-05-2011 02:39 AM

You are right about the Rocks Littlebell.... if you remove them (by taking them to the bottom or by using the arrows) they are worth 100 points each.

Isabelle_Limegreen009 06-05-2011 03:19 AM

Thanks so much! This helped alot!

lillyfairy 06-05-2011 03:39 AM

I noticed that unfreezing a gem gets you more points than just a bunch of gems. Wow, that doesn't make much sense..lets see how to better put that.....:Confused:. Well say you have just 3 hearts-you get 15 points, but if one is frozen you get more-I think 30 or something like that. Maybe someone better at these help kind of things can figure it out and explain better than I do:Embarrassed:. Oh, thanks Littlebell, I knew some of these, but not nearly all, you must have done alot of work to get every so organized and figured out:Clapping:

Twilight 06-05-2011 11:54 PM

Great tips Littlebell!

~Twi

RiverBubblesplash 07-05-2011 10:04 PM

Oh! LOL I have had a few instances where "bonus" matches that form when the empty spaces fill in can take you past the time limit for that board's goal. Ugh!

momwhoplays 09-03-2011 07:41 AM

I managed to get this badge yesterday. I honestly have to give Hewelett(hp) Packard credit though:Teasing:!
My newest computer is a touchscreen, &,...my-o-my...it works like a charm - no mouse issues, you just tap the screen, &, the game couldn't keep up w/ME! LOL
I personally think that it's the FUNNEST game the hollow has come up with! I adore that game!:Clapping:

Breezy lemonwind 09-03-2011 06:42 PM

I love the game myself.
And for those of you that need talent points yet.
Play the game from start to finish and you'll get
lots of talent points.

Lotuspuppy 12-13-2011 03:50 AM

Okay, maybe I am being daft here but I am having a difficult time figuring what the 'Gems Bonus' is. Is it based on a cascade? Bonuses from collecting more than three at a shot? I have tried to figure it out but there are times I have gotten a cascade and the gems bonus was very low and other times I got very few matches that were more than three and got a bonus of several hundred points. I am very confused...

Lotuspuppy - crystalline clueless

Onionleaf 12-13-2011 04:45 AM

Hmm... I'm not exactly sure. You're not talking about the Time Bonus, right?
All I know is that you receive more points when you make matches with over 3 gems. Also, the special bonuses (the rainbow gem, the pick-axe and mining hat) give extra points as well.
Maybe the cascade that was shorter had more matches with more than 3 gems?