Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fairies Minigames and Quests (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Sunbeam Bend Tips (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9165)

Iris Waterdew 08-31-2011 02:17 PM

Sunbeam Bend Tips

A few tips to be helpful! (Just the basics)

• When you are playing and the time is almost running out, pause the game. Relax for a second and clear your mind. Then go back and finish the game!
• When you are trying to make the mirrors work as fast as possible, make sure the light goes around the corners first instead of just taking it straight to the end.
• Take everything step by step, and don’t get pressured because of the timer. That makes you work slower.
• You don’t have to get the bonus every time. Don’t rush yourself!
• Always be sure of which side the mirror is facing!
• At the corners, they often put empty spaces to distract you. Don't fall for that!
• The gems are always in front of the flower petal cup. If you're still debating on how to arrange the mirrors, put the gems in front of the cups first. (Unless there are 2 of the same color)
• Sunbeam Bend gives LOTS of Talent Points instead of LOTS of ingredients.
• You have to fill ALL the flower petal cups at once.

That's it for now. I will update later, just wanted to get this out. Feel free to post your own tips here, too!

http://www.iaza.com/work/110823C/iaza14998124206200.jpg

Violet DiamondVale 08-31-2011 07:20 PM

Thx for the tips Iris! I think more and more ppl looking at ur post will be so much better at the game then they were b4. In fact. I think im gonna try the tips! Thx ( again :D ) - Violetgirl ( Violet DiamondVale )

Breezy lemonwind 08-31-2011 08:10 PM

Great tips Iris.
I will probably try them with my
other fairies, so they can get the
high score badge.

Sweet Tooth Moments 08-31-2011 08:48 PM

Wow, these are great tips. Thank you for posting! After reading this, hopefully my chances of making it to level 30 will succeed.

Isabelle_Limegreen009 08-31-2011 09:29 PM

Thank you.! This is my favorite game, by far.!!

Twilight 08-31-2011 09:32 PM

What great tips Iris!
I did manage to make it to level 29 yesterday, could not figure it out though.

Good Luck to everyone!
~Twi

Littlebell 08-31-2011 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight (Post 146966)
What great tips Iris!
I did manage to make it to level 29 yesterday, could not figure it out though.

i made it to level 28 yesterday, got stuck for awhile, and then finally figured it out. i did a screen shot of the solution; not sure if i should post it (as a "spoiler"), or if the puzzle for each level is always the same. i did get the high score badge finally at level 28, even though i missed the bonus on a few levels. :Embarrassed:

one thing worth noting is that you seem to get 10 minutes to complete the level before time runs out, even after you miss the bonus. however, it then asks you if you want to quit or try again, and there didn't seem to be a limit to how many times you could try again. you don't want to know how long i spent on level 28. :Laughing:

lucky_ladybug 09-01-2011 07:55 PM

Question

How many levels are really in the game?
I reached level 26 last night before I gave up I was to tired
but a fairy in PH told me there were only 24 that my game must be wrong
she had the high score badge so I'm figuring there must be glitches
can someone please tell me...thank you

vetcat1234 09-01-2011 08:51 PM

my brother got Sarah's for me. he went to level 30 and then said he wanted to quit(enough puzzle solving for the day:D). sorry, i dont know.

~Cat

Sapphire Sweetfeather 09-02-2011 01:00 AM

There are 30 levels to the game, and multiple patterns for each level.

lucky_ladybug 09-02-2011 02:14 AM

Okay ty for the update
I thought as much

momwhoplays 09-03-2011 07:34 AM

I began trying to earn my daughter this badge yesterday. I had to give up on 29. It bugged me, & bugged me to no end today just thinkng on it.:Confused:

Went back again earlier this evening, made sure that I got all of the bonuses straight on up to level 26 I believe. (that helped ALOT IN boosting my score.)

28 I got the pleasure of finding out that my previous screenshot saver was worthless:Angry: - turns out that Pixie Hollow game developers are MUCH more clever than myself:Sad:!! They change the patterns every time! I trudged on through it, &, with 1 cup left to fill on 30, was about to throw in the proverbial towel.

Of course, myself being a tenacious terrier, kept at it, &,....paused the game, put on my new CD(39th series of that Now music), &, by the time I was in full swing of J-Lo's song, I did a switch-a-roo, &, WA-LAH!! :Party: I got my badge!!!

For any wondering, you don't get anything other than the badge for completing all 30 levels, so, if you top out at the 105,000 earlier on in the game, there really is no need to continue. I also have some more advice, - taking screenies & pausing the game to review is really your best friend here. I paused to review in paint from the 20's on up. Helped vastly to be able to work the puzzle out by drawing on my screen in paint where things should be while in game. I topped out at 113,607. Now, I am exhausted, & so relieved that I got that camel off my back! :Clapping:

Wishing luck to those that are close! Push on, pause & review screenies in paint mode...listen to some songs that get you all "loosey-goosey", &, GO GET THAT BADGE! :)

PS-another note/clue - some mirrors will do a double bounce of 2 different colors. (when/if I figure out how to post pics, I will show examples.) ? - can I upload pics straight from my photos, or, is photobucket-type thing required?

Iris Waterdew 09-03-2011 02:22 PM

Congratulations on your High Score! You must have worked super hard on it; Sunbeam Bend is such a challenging game!

http://www.iaza.com/work/110823C/iaza14998124206200.jpg

momwhoplays 09-03-2011 09:47 PM

Thank you Iris! :):Flowers:

I thought of another helpful clue as well in hindsight - when you get to the point in levels when they begin to give you 2 different light sources, always use the white light source that uses the least (no more than 2 mirrors at the most) to fill the white cup up.
If you have to use more than that; you probablly have your colored beam & your white beams in the wrong places.

Onionleaf 09-04-2011 04:53 AM

Wow, great tips!!
I have one - it's a theory, really :Innocent:
What I noticed was that you don't have to move things too far from where they were put at the start (especially the colored gems). It's quite obvious in the first 20 levels anyway :\

And I totally agree with the post above me! :yes: