Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums

Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A Proposal on Personal Information (https://www.pixiehollowforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16420)

popcorn1234 03-21-2018 07:25 PM

A Proposal on Personal Information

Hi everyone!
So I've been doing a little bit of research into PHF's rules on advertising, as well as personal information.
The rules are these:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Batleth, "Disney's Online Worlds fan forums' Policy Guidelines"
Advertising - Any site in direct competition with our sites, containing obscene content, or those seeking for personal gain are not to be linked to or mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batleth, "Disney's Online Worlds fan forums' Policy Guidelines"
Personal Information - This site has children present therefore asking for or volunteering personal information is not allowed.

Personal Info consists of:
  • Real Life Names (either first OR last are allowed - if not unique, never both)
  • Gender (Stating which you are is okay. Asking another what they are, is not.)
  • Location (Saying which country, state, or province you live in is acceptable; but anything smaller, such as city, is not.)
  • Links to profile pages on social media or other sites
  • Password/Account Information
  • School Information (includes grade)
  • Posting personal pictures including yourself, family, other users, schools or homes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batleth, "How Much is Personal Info"
"Personal Information"- This site has children present therefore asking for or volunteering personal information is not allowed. Personal Info consists of Real Life Names, Age, Gender, Location, Email Address exchanges, Instant messenger ID's, D-Names, Password/Account Information, School Information and other similar details. This also applies to posting personal pictures of the users, their schools, homes (that include their exact locations), etc.

This applies to all forums, threads, posts, private messages, userpages, profiles, avatars and signatures. We here at PixieHollowForums.com and ToonTownCentral.com strive to keep the environment as safe as possible for our users.

This includes sites like My Space.com, Xanga.com, or any type of social sites that allow personal information or inappropriate material that does not fall under the G-rating rules of this site. Any site that is not officially approved by the PixieHollowForums Staff is not allowed to be advertised on PixieHollowForums.com.

Setting aside the rules for advertising for a moment, the rules relating to personal information are given with the explanation that there are children present on this site, and therefore, asking for or giving out personal information could compromise their safety. It can do this by either directly compromising it (certain pieces of really personal information, such as a full name or a location, could be used maliciously, as all of this information is one google search away) or indirectly compromising it (as it's stated above, social media sites may have inappropriate material on them--I believe that this fact directly makes the advertising rule what it is).

I'd say I agree with these rules, but with one exception.
The Hidden Vale forum.
The Hidden Vale forum, for those that don't know, is a forum where members of PHF that are verified to be 18 years old or older are able to post what they'd like. Although there is no explicit post regarding the rules that bind the Hidden Vale, it appears as though PHF's general rules on what can or cannot be posted are more relaxed there.

So, I have a proposal. If it is not already a thing, let us allow members of the Hidden Vale to post personal information or other material that may be deemed as advertising, as no one on the Hidden Vale is under the age of 18, (and therefore are all adults), making the reasoning behind the personal information (and the connected advertising) rules void.

Please let me know what you think!

Neverbelle 03-21-2018 09:38 PM

I'd give you more rep if I could! I think your idea is a great one myself. :great:

PixieHollowForever 03-22-2018 02:52 PM

Well, I did not even know the hidden vale forum existed, as I am not an adult, but I think that adults might still want privacy.

Mommy 2 Jules 03-22-2018 04:14 PM

As you stated, our policies are already a bit more "relaxed" within the Hidden Vale forum. What is posted (and allowed) there falls more to the discretion of the admins; however, we will never blatantly allow the transfer of private information -- even there. Age is perhaps the only PI that we are not as pressed about in Hidden Vale since only adults have access to it to begin with. Everything else still applies. Sorry, but this policy will not be changing.

~ Em

Neverbelle 03-24-2018 02:30 AM

I don't think Eve was proposing we should be able to state our home addresses or anything like that but more along the lines of, for example, linking to a social media account. Maybe even that is too personal for Hidden Vale but I feel like there was a misunderstanding.

popcorn1234 03-31-2018 08:58 PM

Alright, thanks Em for replying.
I do realize now that I wasn't very specific in defining the bounds on what "personal information" could be shared over on the Hidden Vale in my proposal. So, I have one more question: could sharing things like social media addresses be allowed on the Hidden Vale, while other pieces of personal information (such as full names or physical addresses) still be restricted?